First Hurdle - CONQUERED

I can’t believe I did it!! I went out and I didn’t drink!

This is the first time in my life that I have been out on a Friday evening and not drank a drop of alcohol, don’t get me wrong it was VERY hard and I almost caved in and ordered a glass of wine but I stayed true to myself and I got through it and by the end of the evening I didn’t even miss it.

Feeling so proud of myself and I can’t wait to be hangover free tomorrow.

16 Likes

Well done but be careful out there!!

2 Likes

When I was new in AA, I attended a meeting downtown in a college town. So lots of bars and eateries. I hung out with some men at the meeting and we would go out to dinner, downtown, after the meeting. They showed me how to have fun, sober, in an atmosphere I used to associate with getting loaded. They helped me overcome my fear of never having fun without booze, never being able to go into a restaurant that has a liquor license. They taught me how to share and care for other men without drinking or focusing on women or cars or sports only.

3 Likes

I avoided many events during my early days. Just be very careful. You stayed strong this time but that doesn’t guarantee it will go the same next time. The staying goes…

8 Likes

Well done! Did you still carry a drink? Not sure I could do it honestly

1 Like

Hi Lisa, I know and to be honest I only went out for dinner with my family so I’m not sure how I would be if I was going out to a bar with friends, definitely not ready for that yet.

1 Like

Yes I had a Pepsi and then a coffee to be honest it was only dinner out but it was in a busy pub and some of my family were drinking around me. I don’t know how I would be if I was only going out for drinks with friends.

Excellent work! Fridays usually are a night for me to have a bottle of wine on the sofa and I’m so glad I didn’t this week. Yesterday would normally have been an excuse to get drunk for me as I finished work full time yesterday and as of monday I’m a student again! It’s a huge change but I’m so proud that I managed to have a nice relaxed, sober evening. And I feel FRESH on a Saturday no less. I’m not taking anything for granted and have a long way to go but like you, I feel that I have overcome that first hurdle.

Good luck to you. Hope we can both continue to be proud of the big and small hurdles on this weird journey!

1 Like

Ah good for you Biscuits! Thank you for the support - we can do this :heart:

1 Like