First meeting 🙏

Today I’m going to my first meeting.I don’t know what to expect but but believe it will be the beginning of something greater🙏

10 Likes

That’s wonderful! I was super nervous myself for my 1st one but they truly are a fantastic place. Helped me to not feel so alone in recovery :slight_smile: Good luck!

3 Likes

I was really nervous the first time. You don’t need to share if you don’t want to. Just tell people it’s your first meeting and you will receive a lot of support! Good for you!!

2 Likes

I was terrified my first time. Now they are my family.

Best advice given to me in the beginning was to look for the similarities not the difference and keep coming back.

4 Likes

Thank you so much I’ll definitely update on how everything went :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Awesome ! Yes. My Fellowship is my second family now. I call them my “Tribe” :stuck_out_tongue: And everyone is spot on. They will welcome you with open arms because the newcomer is the base. The " Oldtimers" consider the newcomer the most important person in the room. It has made all the difference in my sobriety this time around. Sending you lots of Hope !!!

3 Likes

youl; be ok they will take care of you dont be scared to ask questions, when i went to my first meeting i had to go outside not to smoke to breath they were allowed to smoke at meetings then lol

1 Like

It was amazing guys thank you for your support I’m attending another 1 tomorrow :sparkles::pray::blush:

4 Likes

First AA meeting yesterday and first WA meeting today.

I was so anxious in the zoom meeting yesterday that I left when the sharing started. But today I shared at WA, and although I was very nervous, I am very glad I went.

1 Like