First official 24 hours on here

I still don’t feel better but getting through today was huge. I tried to avoid the friends I’d normally see to avoid the after parties from this trip and I made it back to my room.

15 Likes

Awesome man!

:raised_hands:

1 Like

Great job man stay strong keep up the good work

2 Likes

It only gets better! I promise. It feels impossible in the beginning. Just think about being sober TODAY. I know when I hit the after parties all bets were off. Steer clear

3 Likes

Yaaaaaa! Congrats

1 Like

Im
Going to try and identify my triggers so I have time to get strength to beat this.
I want to avoid as many triggers as possible and im
So thankful for y’all

2 Likes

Huge congratulations this lovely to see :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Avoiding afterparties is definitely a good thing for you. Stick with this policy for the next 1-2 years I’d say!
Jokes aside, seriously well done! Is it hard for you to avoid your friends like that? Might wanna start filling your pastime with worthy activities like exercise, helping others, gardening, whatever. The world is your oyster as long as you skip the champagne.

Also there’s a very popular daily check in thread with a lot of regulars and I think you’d fit right in!

Checking in daily to maintain focus #43

And some resources: Resources for our recovery

Be well and continue your fight, you’re doing good, man!

2 Likes

I just absolutely fell in love with this saying. It hits everything.

2 Likes

For me it’s when I travel. I travel
Every weekend around the world doing hair shows. I have a large social following so I’m always expected to be super social the entire day at the shows and after parties I use to always attend. My day to day at
Home I’m good because my wife is sober and so is my dad: I usually go to the gym in the morning go to work go back to the gym then movie and dinner repeat every day until it’s time to be back on the road: I think my
Biggest problem is being bored and hate being along it gives me anxiety so I just drink.