First post. I'm tired of celebrating milestones "alone"

Hello all.
Today, in just 4 short hours I am officially going to be 100 days sober.
I’m 26 yo and I haven’t been sober this long since I was 17 & only bc I was pregnant.
I cannot describe the way I see the world now, the amount of emotions I am feeling today and how, honestly confusing sobriety is in its infant stages.
I don’t have a lot of sober friends and I feel especially isolated, even with their support.
Happy Friday the 13th :jack_o_lantern:

50 Likes

Triple digits!

Heck yeah! CONGRATULATIONS :clap:
The first hundred are pretty special

7 Likes

Never alone with a milestone here! Triple digits is amazing!

7 Likes

Amazing work, congratulations :confetti_ball:

Stick around here, we absolutely love a milestone! I am on Day 29 and can’t wait to celebrate 100.

Are you going to treat yourself, or mark this milestone in some way?

4 Likes

I am getting a tattoo from my homies flash sheet :sunglasses:

6 Likes

I know all my friends are more than supportive but it’s just different with people who get it :heart:

7 Likes

I never ever ever thought I would be here. It’s hard

4 Likes

Congratulations to you on your sobriety!

Not easy at all to get to 100 and you’ve done it.

As they say, the struggle is real.

Great supportive community here to help you when it’s challenging, to help you figure it all out when you wonder and to cheer you on each and every day.

I quit when I was about your age and after the first part which was more peer pressure than anything else, I got to a point where I was so grateful it was out of my life and I never really gave it much thought.

I was the one who didn’t drink and that was that.

Never ever have regretted at all not drinking.

For so many reasons plus it would’ve killed me.

Welcome to your sobriety and the community.

I’m super proud of you.

8 Likes

Huge congratulations :fireworks: 100 days is amazing!!

Also a warm welcome to the community :raising_hand_woman:
It’s great here, keep coming back.

5 Likes

100 is strong! Welcome and keep getting after it!

4 Likes

Good morning and congratulations on 100 days! I get what you’re saying about the alone feeling you’re experiencing. I think you did something here to help yourself by posting. This is a form of journaling with people who are reading what you said and can identify with you. There is no one answer to the feeling of loneliness or isolation. When i was in early sobriety, i would just get in my car and drive to the mall or some store and walk around. Or go to the gym was help for me. Simple taking a walk around the block can also shake some of the feelings. Knowing you have made this 100 days sober through your determination and discipline should fill you with pride that your in select company. Many don’t ever know what that feels like. Unfortunately, i know a lot of them. Happy Friday the 13th and do some awesome self care to celebrate you’re milestone! Keep going!!!

3 Likes

Welcome!! And congrats on your 100 days!! What a gift to your self!

4 Likes

5da2d358dd0a8af289c367dd9306ed2247366802_hq
Welcome and well done for the 100 days, may many follow! :facepunch:

5 Likes

Congratulations to You! 100 days is amazeballs!!! Be proud of yourself :grin:

3 Likes

Congratulations on your 100 days of recovery Andrea.

I understand your feeling about celebrating alone. I too had no one to celebrate with when I reached a milestone. We celebrate loudly around here. It’s a HUGE deal.
Great work and welcome to this wonderful sober community.
:pray:t2::heart:

IMG_7074

7 Likes

Welcome to the Family! Congratulations on your milestone, it is a huge accomplishment.

3 Likes

Yes…what a wonderful way to celebrate the day… triple digits!

Excited for you and your amazing achievement! We will happily celebrate your awesomeness with you

Looking forward to seeing your tattoo :hugs:

3 Likes

Wow what an amazing community. I want to thank all of you on your kind words :heavy_heart_exclamation: definitely makes things easier

4 Likes

Welcome! Congratulations on 100 days!! I’m so glad you found us :pray:t2::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Congratulations Andrea! 100 days is really awesome. So glad you are here.

1 Like