First Post 🤍

Hey there everyone. I’m relatively new here, Although I’ve been lurking around, reading a lot of posts and trying to figure out how this site works. I’m not so tech savvy. Anywhooo,

I am Grateful to be here today with everyone! My name is May and I’m from New England (missing the GOAT these days) This is my first post and I just wanted to share that I have been sober since June 16th 2023. I previously had 7 years clean and went thru hell to get there… I am still trying to figure out how and why I ended up relapsing. :broken_heart: This time around im heavily investing myself in Self care - Counseling, Psychiatrist, as well just trying to heal myself or my soul because I’m tired of feeling that emotional turmoil and PTSD … It’s time to let it go and free my inner child

What are some self care or mindful activities help you make it thru each week?

I know for me the one thing I have consistently done each week since sobriety is getting outside with my dog and exercising by going on looong walks. I also typically try to start my weekday mornings this way everyday.. bright and early ... Rain or shine ... If you knew me.. you would be shocked because I'm never out of bed early if I don't have to be 🤣

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and allowing me introduce myself.
Love & Light :candle:.
MayMay

12 Likes

Welcome May, lovely to have you here :blush: Sounds like you are working really hard. It will be good to see you around here and get to know you.

I am Jenny, and from Old England, or just England :grin:

2 Likes

Welcome May!

I am glad you are part of this community.

Honestly the best self care for me is avoiding the places and the people that encouraged my addiction, as my impulse control is not the best.

Other than that, staying busy helps a ton!
That’s all

Take care <3

1 Like

Welcome to the community :raising_hand_woman:
It’s great to have you with us.

Hello May :wave:
You will Love this community, these people are Amazing!
I’m 2 weeks in and am learning something new everyday … and it’s working.
Glad to have a part of us :grin:

3 Likes