First Saturday of the rest of my life

I sit here in my living-room alone closing my first Saturday since my reset. Almost one week down.

I call it the first Saturday of the rest of my life because I’ve done almost a year of not drinking and then gone through dips that have clearly led to this reset.

I’ve experienced the mental clarity, the positive impact, the better recall and love for me that being alcohol free has to offer. That’s why I must continue and if anyone reading this is maybe or the verge, way it up guys.

I’m not an everyday all day drinker but I have been a binge drinker for almost 14 years and I HATE that it’s taken over that amount of time in the precious time I have. I don’t enjoy the person I become when I choose to continue to drink until I blackout. I make myself sick the next day thinking of what I could possibly have said or did and hearing stories from those that drank less than you… I just never want to hear them.

As a sober rachael I contribute more, I know my worth and my value. I live with integrity and that now is why I’m working on continuing, one week at a time.

I write this for no other reason than to stay accountable to me but if it resonates with someone. Awesome!

21 Likes

Welcome, Rachael! These firsts are precious, first day, first week, first month. I hope these are your last firsts. I hope you can hang onto your sober date with all you’ve got. It is a sweet experience to get to that one week mark. I’m finding that now every day is just as precious, it’s another day of “gravy”, an unearned bonus.

So stick around, look for and follow suggestions. And above all, so what it takes to keep saying no to that first drink!

4 Likes

Thank you!!

Fuck yes it does

3 Likes

Welcome Rachel. Great job on your almost one week. We are glad you are here. We got a lot to be grateful for when we are not drinking. It’s my best tool in sobriety. Every single day for the past 400 + days I do my gratitude list right on here to start my day in a great frame of mind.

I hope to see you around. If you’re willing. This place has been just what I’ve needed for support to stop drinking. Lots of great folks around to help out when or if needed.

Is that a Britany Spaniel in your avatar? Beautiful dog.
:pray:t2::heart:

3 Likes

Love it! I do daily gratitudes and affirmations too.
Thank you! I will certainly stick around and pop on what I’m grateful for. Congratulations on 400 days.
He is a working springer spaniel and a handsome guy.

2 Likes

Love this post and love your attitude Rachel thank you very much. Sure does resonate. I’m well into my second year of sobriety now and want to tell you it gets so much better still. Just keep working your sobriety one day at a time. The rewards are huge. All success to you and I’m happy to share a little bit of your road with you.

4 Likes

Awesome post, Rachael! Thanks for putting it out there. Hope to see more as you keep going. Love that you are bouncing back from a set back :muscle:

Congrats on the first WEEK of the rest of your life (almost … complete now??).

Keep positive.

2 Likes

Congrats to you Rachel! I see a lot of myself in your story, and like you I truly do like AF me versus binge drinking me…I had 2 months and 26 days, but caved yesterday afternoon…I allowed another person to get to my emotions. I gave them to much power, and I am disappointed in my lack of restraint.

Woke up and regretted a text message Tirade I pushed out. No, more…today I reset, regroup and refocus.

I’m wishing you continued health and success on your journey…thank you for sharing your story. Knowing we’re not walking alone means so much.

:blush::raised_hands:t2::ocean::sun_with_face:

1 Like