First sober event

I just hosted a small bbq with friends to celebrate something. I’m only five days sober so I was pretty worried, but the friends that came over arent big drinkers so I thought I’d just go for it.

It went great! We all had lots of food and many cups of tea. I didnt get a single craving the whole time, it was just nice to be hanging out with friends and not getting completely sozzled on a sunday afternoon like I usually would. I could give my child lots of affection and play with the dog and help cook, rather than just sink a dozen tall boys and forget most of the afternoon.

Before the event, I did some meditation, watched some sober youtube and hung around on here lots just to get my mind right.

It can be so easy for me to focus only on the bad that I wanted to make sure I shared a win too.

Happy sunday everyone

8 Likes

This is awesome! Sounds like a very successful event! Way to go! I love hearing about wins like this :smiley: thank you for sharing!

2 Likes

Well done ,in early sobriety you have to be careful but you did ok this time , just my experience over the decades i tell my guys just to be careful , wish you well

2 Likes

Thanks, yes i agree. The people who came over were the right kind of people for it. Ive cancelled all my other social events for now

2 Likes

Well done!

2 Likes