First sober St. Patrick’s day

So yesterday was just a normal day. I have been sober for 5 weeks and 2 days. My fiancé was at work for most of the day and I was at home doing my wifely duties. He comes home around 5 o’clock or so. He asks me “babe, do you know what today is?” I was like ummmm Sunday. He was like we have been sober for awhile we didn’t even realize it was St. Patrick’s days. Which was so weird because years prior we always looked forward to a nice cold GREEN beer. We are both very Irish so we found ourself a laughing hysterically for a good 10 minutes. It was our first year not celebrating. And let me tell you it felt so good especially since I had a job interview at 9 AM. First interview I have gone to that I wasn’t hungover. Things are finally seeming to make sense. I am filled with more energy and positivity. It so amazing what being sober can do for you. I’m so glad I’m going through this now instead of later. Hope everyone is having an amazing Monday!

10 Likes

That’s too funny that you didn’t even realise it. LOL

But I’ve come to realise that every day is just like any day. None really are more special than others. Mostly I think we just make days special for the excuse to drink!!

1 Like

Oh and wasn’t St Patrick’s day a good excuse to drink!!! Haha, so thankful I woke without that damn hangover!!!

2 Likes

Congrats on 5 weeks & 2 days!!! and good luck with the interview. Hopefully you get the job!!

1 Like

That’s great. I hope you get that job!! :facepunch:

I completely forgot abput St. Patrick’s Day as well!! First one for me too! Horray for waking up without a hangover was a wonderful thing!

2 Likes

Last one I celebrated I woke up with a split head that should have gotten stitches… and that memory is one hell of a reminder that I was just using anything as an excuse to drink, and I’m so much happier and healthier now. I’m glad you’re feeling good and congrats on your sober time!

1 Like

This was my second St Pats day sober, and it was a great day. I did know it was St Pats, but there was no pressing urge to go “full Irish” like in the past.

Life gets better and better on the sober side of the fence.

2 Likes