First sober Weekends

What do you do on weekend nights when your trying not to drink?

1 Like

I’m in my first 3 days sober. This coming weekend will my first sober weekend I’ve planned in years. I’ve made a plan for my self to go to the gym, swimming and maybe the cinema.

2 Likes

Being alone has been the number one source of relapse for me. I don’t drink if nobody else is. Alone? Different story.

My advice is plan every hour if you need to. Anything is better than drowning in the bottle and wasting a day hung over.

1 Like

Most of my family doesn’t drink, perhaps it’s time to make some surprise visits.

2 Likes

Being with family is always good if it won’t make you feel like drinking. Share some holiday spirit with them, do some baking, get a tree, make some crafts and decorate :blush:

1 Like

I watch Netflix, but only shows that have like 5 or more seasons. I have a cheat day and eat 1 meal of my choice, go for a walk, or read a book.

1 Like

I like to go shopping just to get out of the house if I’m alone and trying to be sober. Just getting out and walking around the mall or checking out a new store helps occupy my mind and give me a little exercise. That’s what I did last weekened.

1 Like