First step I can't keep living like this

28 years old I never thought I would be this person, 6 years ago drugs (meth) was not even a thought tbh I didn’t even know what it was.
Today right now after a 2 day bender I’m laying in bed wide awake listening to russle Brand recovery, and telling you all something I kept hidden well hidden tbh my family friends no one has a clue about this demon I’m fighting, I want to change I want a better life a clean life, I know it’s going to be hard I’ve tried so many times before but I found this community something I’ve actually never tryed I’m hoping by talking to people that understand in some way will give that extra strength on those days I feel that need .

11 Likes

Welcome Tarah to the forum! Really glad ur here. Meth was an old DOC of mine and I can remember very vividly what it’s like to be awake for days, not eating, feeling mentally, emotionally, and physically ill. It’s doesn’t have to be this way. What helped for me was 12 step mtgs, lots of support, and for me medication helped to get me off of meth (Im not pushing medication but what my psychiatrist put me on did help). It will take time for the body to heal but the longer u stay clean and sober, the better chances of that happening :slight_smile: u can beat this demon and it sounds like ur ready for change :slight_smile: welcome!

2 Likes

Thankyou, receiving your message and you sharing your own story ment alot tbh I thought this was going to be a waste of time but your one message has made feel as Ive made my first real step thankyou

3 Likes

You can do this Tarah I totally understand have 353 days clean from Meth which I have relapsed on over and over.

While you have energy, get rid of all remaining drugs and paraphernalia. Delete dealers phone numbers. Then let yourself fall asleep for a few days.

4 Likes

U honestly deserve a life of happiness. It really doesn’t have to be this way. It’s hard and won’t always be easy but it’s so worth it. What helped me in the beginning was to write down on a piece of paper my reasons for quitting. And I took that paper everywhere. As soon as that urge came up to use I would read it and relive that moment when I decided to quit (when I was at my worst). Ur worth fighting for

1 Like

I was 5 months clean after my ex hurt me bad put in hospital for 2 weeks I then got put into a women’s refuge 5 months I was clean then when I left the refuge and got into my own house I relasped everytime I do I say this will be the last. I need this time to be last for myself and my children. Thankyou x

4 Likes

Welcome @Tarah22 you can do this if you have the willingness! This forum is wonderful for accountability and support and a much needed distraction when cravings hit. Welcome!

2 Likes