First time alone since sober

This weekend is my first time being 100% alone since being sober. To be honest I’m a little nervous but I’ve got lots of small house projects to do to keep myself busy and my sister is going to check in with me. I’ll check back in on Monday to share how it went! Be strong everyone, we all can do this!

9 Likes

Check in throughout the weekend, whenever you need to. It’s kind of the whole point of this place, we help eachother :wink::wink::wink::wink: and maybe spend a bit of time reading like the last who posted earlier Street just reaching a year of sobriety, partly due to this place. You’ve only read 8 minutes though so I get that you don,t know that :+1:

Hey i would go to a meeting na or aa both are great even if your d.o.c isnt alcohol aa accepts you they are really opening their doors to addicts as well it used to be different but ya either way being around other clean alcoholics and addicts definitely helps you can tell them anything and they’ll understand and that way you have someone to reach out to

4 Likes

Me too! I’ve navigated Friday night and all day/evening Saturday. It’s 8:30 pm on Saturday and I’m seriously considering going to bed. I’ve slept a lot today. Didn’t get chores done. But I have tomorrow too. Been fighting a headache all day. But I’m 100% sober! Just made myself some hot tea. How ya feeling?

3 Likes

You in bed yet Broken2wholeagain? :joy:
Personally, I wouldn’t worry too much if you are. I’ve mentioned yesterday about our expectations and not living up to them.
I used to get upset if I had time to myself in early sobriety. I’d be thinking, hey I can do this or that. As I said, didn’t always work out.

@anon12657779 just made my hot tea. Once it’s gone I’m going back to bed. Never made it out of my PJs today. :blush: I’m giving myself grace. Having this down time where I’m not worried about my daughter, feeling like I need to do something for my husband or having to go to work has revealed to me that I’m exhausted. So, with your permission, I took the day off. Slept in until 10 this morning. Then napped from 3-6 and am going to be in bed my 9:30. Still sober!

You have all the permission you need girl. I’d forgotten about your daughter and her needs. So, yeah this is so needed by you, and it shows.
Well done! Self care is so important.

2 Likes

@Robyn I’m in the same boat ur in. Which is probably why I’m ok n here at 5:30 in the morning & have been since 3AM. It’s been rough but I’m doing a lot of Netflix binge watching the show “Mom”. Omg its cracking me up, and it’s a relatable show for alcoholics! Loving it!!

2 Likes

I love the show Mom, the weekend went fine, my roommate showed up early, and I made it through the weekend sober. I hope all is okay with you Nursewrachett hun! Love you all :heart:

1 Like

You’re not alone. You got God

2 Likes

I love that show too! They don’t candy coat stuff & have really tackled some hard stuff on there.

1 Like