First time at a bar in recovery

So, I decided to come out of my sober reclusive bubble. I am currently at my friends show.being in the music scene sober is definitely becoming trying. I’m doing my best to not focus on people drinking and pay attention to the show. I feel like I am actually enjoying the night. A part of me wants to drink and throw my inhibitions to the side but I feel like I can do that sober with some positive self talk.
Idk

5 Likes

You won’t b hungover tomorrow! Enjoy the show!

5 Likes

Well You’re more confident than I am aboit that kind of thing, but like Sweet Tea said enjoy the show!

2 Likes

So I been here all of a half an hour and someone wants to battle me. I can’t go anywhere lmao. Looks like things are about to get exciting

Keep a soda in hand and enjoy the evening. It’s a different vibe being sober.; an improvement not being dulled out an inebriated. Rather, stay clear minded and have your wits about you.

1 Like

I’m drinking red bull I am using the excuse of being the designated driver

3 Likes

I actually practiced going to the bar. First I would just go to pick up food (they have really good burgers). Then I would go there and order the food and wait and drink pop (soda). Last time I was there I even ate my food there lol. By then the drunk people were getting on my nerves so I left. Haven’t been back since.

7 Likes

Mmmm burgers. Yeah one of my favorite places has great burgers. I miss those burgers. Turns out my old bartender there is in the rooms.

2 Likes

Remember in those circumstances, you can leave when you need to. Hope the night ended well for you.

1 Like

In early sobriety I used the excuse that I was the d.d, had an alergy to alcohol (like A.A states) and even that I was on probation. Somehow these ideas sounded better to me than simply stating I don’t drink? Now, I realize no one cares if you drink or not. Some only care if they can drink. Which was my mindset before being sober.

1 Like