First time flying and going on vacation sober

I am thrilled to share a significant milestone in my journey – my first-ever solo vacation, set to take flight on January 31, 2924. This trip holds a special place in my heart as it marks not only a new adventure but also a testament to my commitment to sobriety.

My journey towards sobriety began on November 9, 2020, and since then, every day has been a step towards a healthier, more fulfilling life. As I prepare to board the plane for this much-anticipated vacation, I reflect on the progress made and the resilience gained on this path.

The destination is none other than the Sunshine State, Florida, where my daughter resides. This trip is not just about exploring new places but also about strengthening the bonds of family. It’s a joyous reunion, and I am filled with gratitude for the support of my loved ones and the strength derived from my commitment to sobriety.

Traveling solo adds an extra layer of excitement and empowerment. It’s a testament to the newfound freedom and confidence that sobriety has brought into my life. The ability to embark on such an adventure, clear-headed and focused, is a gift that sobriety continues to offer.

I want to express my sincere appreciation to this community for being a pillar of support throughout my journey. Your encouragement has played a crucial role in reaching this point, and I carry the lessons learned and the strength gained with me on this vacation.

As I set forth on this milestone journey, I look forward to embracing new experiences, creating lasting memories, and celebrating the joy of sobriety in the sunshine.

Thank you all for being a part of this transformative journey.

Best regards,

14 Likes

This is just a wonderful read. Thanks, and congratulations. Hope you have a great time in sunny Florida!:dizzy::sunny:

5 Likes

Sober travel is a better way to travel. It does appear that you are scheduled to take this trip in 900 years. I am hoping you will also share you longevity secrets with us. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::wink:

Enjoy your trip and enjoy that sober life. Gone are the days of wasting time and money in bars in different cities. Now you actually get to experience that city. Hopefully this ribbing came across as good hearted which was my intent.

4 Likes

That’s so exiting, I’m so happy for you! Enjoy your travels and the time with your daughter :two_hearts:

1 Like

Have a wonderful trip and visit with your daughter!!

1 Like

That’s amazing! Have fun on your trip. You will enjoy it more sober! Trust me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How wonderful it must be to see your daughter again, a fine reunion! :heavy_heart_exclamation:
I hope you will have a great holiday and we would love to see a picture (ore more☺️). Feel free to share them here:

Looking forward to it, never been in Florida.
Have a good trip!! :raising_hand_woman:

2 Likes

LOL Oops :rofl:

1 Like