First time here - any tips?

I need advice guys, I messed up real bad yesterday and I wanna sober up but I dont know how to handle my emotions

4 Likes

Welcome to the community :raising_hand_woman:

Allot of us check in here daily, check out of and take a read when you feel comfortable. :slightly_smiling_face:

This community is full of encouraging supportive people.
It will be nice seeing you around here :hugs:

2 Likes

Hi Jaya :heart:

I’m sorry to hear how bad you feel today. We have all felt that feeling.

Don’t let yesterday define you. Today is a new day, a new start for you. You’ve done a great thing reaching out for support. Reaching out is one of the most important things you can do for yourself. Having people around you that understand you will really help and motivate you.

Do what you need to feel better today (except given in to your drug of choice!). Eat well and get some rest if you can. And keep coming back to us! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

What are you doing on a daily basis to seek outside support for your sobriety?

Welcome to our awesome community!
Many people had a hard time dealing with their emotions in early sobriety. It’s ok to just sit with them and feel all the feelings. We have to remember they’re not going to kill us, but continously picking up eventually will. Go ahead and cry or scream into a pillow. I was told early on… the good news is thar you get your feelings back, the bad news is that you get your feelings back.

Getting sober is the easy part, staying sober is where all the hard work comes in, but it’s definitely worth it. What’s your plan to maintain sobriety? Ask yourself…Are you willing to do whatever it takes?

Here’s a great thread with lots of advice on what others have done.

2 Likes