First time in rehab

This is basically my first rehab I have been here for about a month & in the beginning it wasn’t that bad. But now there is a lot of gossip & people talking negatively about people & it’s like we are in high scho!! Not to mention, we are all girls.
I just feel like I can’t share or let people get to see the real me. I don’t feel like opening up. I sit back and watch and not all, but a good amount are just so fake! && They are soppsed to be adults. Like they are over 35 & acting like this…idk it is just bothering me & had to get this off my mind.
Thank you.

Blockquote

3 Likes

Since your IN REHAB , understand this IS PART of the journey. Seeing high school drama in this situation is normal. Learning to see thru all that drama will help you get your sober plan down.

All that high school drama IS the painful truth of addicting behavior . The fact that you see thru their garbage is a good learning point. Now. They must work thru STINKING THINKING

Learn from it. Ask about STINKING thinking in group

I’m happy for your in a journey of sobriety.

3 Likes

Thank you so much
I really do appreciate your insight & I did gain something from your words.

We are here for each other
YOUR post means so much to me. After 21 years sobriety, i almost relapsed because of high school drama with volunteers.
Once i recognized the drama, i backed off and removed myself from volunteering.

Drama does not go away, it’s how we deal with it that makes it better

Thanks for letting me share with you

3 Likes

Welcome to TS. I’m glad you recognised you have a problem and managed to get into rehab.
Remember that your rehab is for you not the others. Make the most of what’s being offered and lead by example, and maybe just maybe the dram queen’s will take notice and start to shape up.
@J_Lo_Ste is 100% right in what she has said, if you can see things and people for what they really are you’ve made a massive step forward and it’s another weapon in your recovery arsenal.
It’s your recovery, don’t let anyone else fuck it up for you.
Take it easy and look after yourself.
:innocent:&:smiling_imp:

3 Likes

I can sooo relate to this. Having been in rehab numerous times, i found it to be worse in the all female rehabs as opposed to the coed. What my sponsor told me is that i need to just focus on myself and my recovery and to remember that we are all “ill” to varying degrees. We are all addicts and alcoholics who have “stuff” to work on and work thru. Its also interesting to know that most of us have varying degrees of maturity also bcuz of drug use. When using drugs from a young age, we stunt our emotional growth when we begin using. So maybe that has a bit to do with it. Im not condoning their behavior at all bcuz gossiping and whatnot is not good at all but Im just throwing out some ideas of what could be going on. Also, i find woman to be very competitive at first. I know in my experiences, women were very competitive with me in recovery for whatever reason, possibly street mentality bcuz being in rehab sometimes felt like the streets unfortunately. I find overtime it gets better once people start to get to know each other but in the beginning it can be rough. It can be hard to open up for sure but just focus on doing the work in the program. This is about you and ur life :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Go with the flow remember your there for you there will be conflict but im sure youl be ok . never been to rehab there wasnt any when i got sober .wish you well