First time post, I never share anything with anyone

Hi everyone, first time post as I have decided on trying something different this time. As they say the definition of insanity is…. Well most of you know where I’m going with that. Day 16 from painkillers, day 12 from sub and cigs. Like I said I have never included anyone in my many attempted recovery missions over the last 12 years and never made it more then a month or two. So this time I decided to reach out here and also include my wife in my recovery as I’ve always just hid it from her. Meetings are not my thing as most of the worst people I’ve met in my life had come from one of those rooms. So anyway here’s to a new beginning. Ty for coming to my Ted talk

26 Likes

Since i got sober (im 6 months so far) i have nothing but absolute respect for anyone who has managed to get sober for any length of time especially those who have had the strength to go to those rooms, depends what you deem as ‘worst people’ please try not to judge, we are all just trying to live a sober life.

8 Likes

Good luck with your journey!

1 Like

I guess by worst people what I really meant is, the worst type of people for me to be around. Not everyone there has the best intentions

2 Likes

So glad you are here, and you are right about the definition of insanity. This community is fantastic. The more you participate, the more you get out of it.

3 Likes

Well however you choose to get sober this site is an amazing place to open up about addiction…people from all over the world, different stages of their journeys with loads of advice and support

4 Likes

Welcome to the community :raising_hand_woman:

I used to be so private and think I could heal my addiction myself, really for me, this was just the addiction doing is job at keeping my isolated, so it could get me again.

Since I joined this community and opened up and started
being honest with myself more than anything.
Realising so many others like myself have suffered the same or still are.
I have stayed sober. Everyone is so supportive here.
It’s the first time I ever been an open book and shared how addiction ruined my life openly. It left me feeling vulnerable at first, like I was sharing the most private parts of my life the good and bad. But it had helped me so much, it also helped that the people here I was sharing this with did not judge but helped me see the similarities in our experiences and that I’m not alone and are so caring.

I’m glad your here, there’s plenty of support for you too :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

This paragrah really resonated with me and definitely not something i ever thought about.

Welcome to the community, everyone is so supportive.

6 Likes

Welcome Rise!! I hope you will find some helpful info, support and community here. :purple_heart:

1 Like

Welcome and you are making a great decision! It takes a lot of character and strength to talk about topics like this openly…

4 Likes

Welcome Rodney.
This is a great place for support. I tried to quit for years on my own. Drinking. Never happened. I finally downloaded this app and sought support. I hid it from my wife for 2 weeks before I came clean to her about what I wanted to do. I was active on here and received the wonderful support I needed to get and stay sober.
Have a good read around.
Join in when your comfortable.
:pray:t2::heart:

4 Likes

Welcome! Being active here saved my life.

2 Likes

How are you doing ? :slightly_smiling_face:

Good luck in your journey!

I’m new here too, and meetings aren’t my thing either. I’ve tried and failed many times so I thought maybe this forum could help. I have 7 days clean from fentynyl today (tho I am on a methadone program) and the last time i drank was New Years eve. I know some people dont consider being on methadone as truely being “clean”, so I’m hoping to not be judged on that fact. I am working the program and hope to wean myself off as quickly as I am able. We all have our own path, and tho I would have prefered to be able to get clean without the methadone, I have been unsuccessful in multiple attempts.
I wish the original poster comfort and supprt as well as any who have read this comment. :heart:

5 Likes

So far so good. Just incredibly bored and ready to go back to work. I just don’t trust myself with money yet and not really trying to rush things at the moment. And I own my own contracting business so I can essentially hide any amount of money I want so I’m putting fail safes in place for finances to be monitored. Also gave my wife the ultimate weapon against me, good old drug tests are hard to beat when you don’t plan for them.

6 Likes

I can relate to being private and secretive. It’s so hard to be vulnerable, but like others have said, trying to recover in secret hasn’t been working for me. I don’t post a ton here, but I do find that it helps when I do. And reading other people’s advice is awesome and helpful.

Also, giving you wife drug tests to surprise you with is clever! Haha!

4 Likes

I’m sober only with the help from this group. There are many good threads,

Enjoy and be well on your journey.

3 Likes

Update on my progress so far. 27 days no sub 34 days no prescription painkillers( 30mg perc aka the devil in pill form, my DOC) and 26 days off the Marlboro red 72s. Feeling good this is the longest sober stretch for me since 2010. I found the biggest thing to help and make the difference this time was being honest with the few people in my life that can hold me accountable. Also friction, creating friction between me and the substance has been huge. Any barrier I can put in place just creates another hurdle to get over to get to that substance. While simultaneously reducing the friction between me and the things that are going to help me through. Things like diet, exercise, communication etc… addiction is trash and I WILL NOT BE A STATISTIC! Have a great day everyone and show up powerfully in what ever you do!

4 Likes

Weĺl done thats alot of positive work right there, keep trucking your doing great :+1:

1 Like