First time poster, slowly breaking the cycle

Hi people

I have been dealing with meth addiction for the past 12 years. The last 2 years I have gradually gotten better at dealing with it

I have gone from every day use, to every weekend, now to once a fortnight. Between these times I have gone 1-2 months sober Max.

I have cut all my old associates off as the temptation of being around them is too much.

Looking forward to breaking the last part of the cycle which has gone from a g a day to a p a fortnight.

I’m at the point where I feel guilty after using and smash the pipe, but when the fiend is on I’m having that trouble breaking it, mind set is great. But once it comes on it’s all I wanna do, then I’ll have a few puffs and start blowing out how I fucked up another clean streak.

It’s not even like I mean to do it, it’s kinda subliminal in a way if it makes sense.

I have held a full time job the whole time and never miss a day, except now my kidneys have copped a few blood clots recently apparently from drug use, for my kids I have to stop otherwise I won’t see them growing up

My goal is all December clean, and 2021 kick the habbit fully.

Sorry if it’s all me me me, I’ve been wanting to get this off my chest for a while.

Thanks for listening and looking forward to supporting others who are in need.

6 Likes

Hi there! Welcome! 🙋
This app had helped me a lot to become and stay sober (my DOC is alcohol). I hope it will do the same for you.
Put in the work and it will pay out!

See you around!

2 Likes

I need to replace an addiction with something else, whether it be working on my cars or motorbikes. More activities with the kids

I think they know when I have used as the next day I lay around like a depressed piece of shit

Nothing I have ever wanted my kids to see

The first weeks always the worst, after work I’m just drained and when I do have a 4 week sober streak. It’s like nothing interests me!

A friend got off the gear completely with modafinil, but I guess your just replacing a drug with a drug in a way

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

We have plenty of people who can weigh in that have Meth as a DOC. The community on this app can help you. Read a lot and post often.

It all comes down to finding out why you pick up after any amount of time. The mind is powerful thing but thoughts can’t been a pipe in your hand.

I am glad you’re here.

1 Like

Welcome to the group. My DOC is alcohol and what really helped me quit that shit was shifting how i perceived it. Instead of thinking I’m missing out because i cant drink i realised that i was missing out because i drank. Having goals is important but no goal is more important than staying sober for today. Celebrate the milestones when you get them but don’t get caught up reaching into the future for them. I’m glad you’re here.

2 Likes