First time sober

Hello people names Josh I’m 28 and my life’s being torn apart from drink and drugs … Been letting myself and my family down for a fairly long time now just wonder what people do to stay sober and steps taken etc any advice and help will be welcome thanks josh

11 Likes

Hey josh, I’m in the same boat but only with alcohol. I’m 28 also. On 9 days sober after a relapse. This site helps a lot keeping my mind on being sober daily, also finding a group meeting helped alot

2 Likes

Yeah a friend of mine said about this site … I’ve tried to find these meetings but I think it’s only zoom at the moment … Where are you based

The easiest way to stay sober is to not drink.
Some are able to simply quit without any extra help. Others need detox, therapy and a support system. I wanted a better life for me, my kids and our future and realized I would never find that at the bottom of a bottle. I made a plan, set a goal and haven’t looked back.

5 Likes

Yeah I’ve tried stopping without any support etc didn’t work for me and I want to do the exact same thing I want a better life my family and myself … there’s no point me sitting here thinking this time will be any different I do not want to drink again

2 Likes

Hey Josh welcome! Awesome work finding your way here. Best advice to start would be post 2 questions a day on here.

3 Likes

Welcome Josh! You found your way here which is a great first step towards a sober and clean life and a great source for help and support. We work together here. Alone it’s too much. Read. Get support. Support others. It works. You can also find many options for more help here. Look here for example: Resources for our recovery. Happy to have you aboard, success in your journey friend!

3 Likes

I will do cheers people anyone else has any info and advice keep it coming

1 Like

I live in Kentucky, but do my meetings in Indiana, I’m just a few miles from the boarder

Hello and welcome i really suggest you keep reading and reaching out whenever you get cravings get on here and tell us as there’s always someone about to help you . Have you tried any aa or ca or na meetings? I’m in UK so we only do zoom meetings at moment due to covid but there are also a great way to get help and support. Good luck x

1 Like

Thanks… and nope I haven’t tried any of that yet … I’m from the UK aswell and I was talking to someone on the aa website and he did say about the zoom think there’s one at 7pm this evening that I’m going to join . Abit nervous tbh but it’s what we are all here for at the end of the day !

Hey josh. You can smash this addiction :muscle: I’m on day 3, starting to feel alot better, the fog head, lack of energy nd appetite, dizzyness n anxiety is starting to get less n less. It would help if you done a daily journal on this so when you feel the urge. You can read it and help motivate yourself to stay sober, iv started mine. It’s called “back to day 0… But was it worth it”. Your more than welcome to read it, it may help, if you ever feel like caving then you are more than welcome to send a message and il do my best to help.
Stay strong. Your stronger than you realise :muscle:

2 Likes

It’s great your willing to give the zoom meeting a try … if u feel uncomfortable just keep your camera off … where in UK are you ?

2 Likes

Awesome example of ‘defining your why’!

Yeah has to be done zoom an actual meeting ain’t no looking back for me now only forward… England East Sussex you ?

I’m in Luton if u wanna inbox me your number I can what’s app you some great ca zoom meetings x

welcome, josh! so glad you’re here :heart: take sobriety a day at a time. get seltzer water and ice cream. go to meetings (in the rooms or zoom). really, really want to quit using. you can do it!

1 Like

Afternoon people… got some more questions lol because I’m confusing myself but i get it’s a confusing time for first timers … I keep asking myself the question am I an alcoholic etc just want to give some information on myself and get some feedback as I keep getting my friends telling I ain’t are … But they ain’t doing what I’m doing so I thought ibwould ask on here … I’m 28 been binge drinking for I would say around 7 year solid by binge drinking I would I mean likefor example… on the weekend I would go out on the Friday and won’t return home till the Sunday drank a heavy heavy amount and also taken cocaine … hurt my family members around me , letting people down constantly lost jobs, missed family events birthdays everything over this … But when I feel normal again i think am I am I not ? Or what’s happening to me … Yeah so if someone can shed some light would be great