First timer on here

Trying get clean … been off and on past few months . Hardest things I’ve ever had to to do but this time I am mentally prepared … my body is dependent on it but I am prepared to fight withdraws and get sober

8 Likes

Congrats on deciding to get sober and success in your journey Brandon! Welcome to Talking Sober. This place and all people here can be a big support in your struggle. It sure has been (and still is) to me. Read around, post, comment, support, be supported. Hope to see more of you in the coming time. In the meanwhile here’s a link to a thread that can get yourself more accustomed to this place. Success!!! Welcome to the forum! 2021 edition :)

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, glad you are here! There are lots of resources ans wonderful people on here, it’s a great place to start :upside_down_face:
If your body is dependent, it can be dangerous to detox from alcohol on your own - please seek medical attention if your symptoms get worse after stopping. We’ll be here for you, you got this!

1 Like

Welcome! I hope u can get support on here!

Welcome Brandon! So glad you found us.
If you don’t mind me asking, what’s your DOC?

Preparing yourself for hard days to come is a good thing. Have you made a plan on what to do when cravings kick in? For me it helped to make such a plan. My doc is alcohol. So for me I avoided every alcohol related event the first 3 month of my recovery, I stripped the house from alcohol, avoided the wine section in the supermarket, filled my fridge with healthy food, bought chocolate to eat when I crave alcohol, etc. Did you deleted the phone numbers of your dealers for example? Just think forward to things that you can do to avoid using again.
Be nice to yourself and your body, sleep and rest when you can!
Welcome!! :raising_hand_woman:
success-see-your-goal-understand-the-obstacles-create-a-positive-mental-picture-clear-your

2 Likes

Hang in there buddy, work it you are worth it!