First week in-not good

First week in, i dont feel any accomplishment, I feel like this would be obvious and easy for everyone, i wish i can keep going and not fail.

9 Likes

1 week is a BIG deal! Its not easy at all to get a week… in fact i think the earlier days are the hardest. I couldnt get passed 3 days for the longest time, so getting a week was definitly hard for me anyway. Congratulations on ur 1 week :smiley:

2 Likes

A week is BIG, keep it up. :grinning:

2 Likes

A week is HUGE and not an easy feat! Well done.

1 Like

:wave: hello there

2 Likes

How are you doing today Ciggy?
Hope you feel a bit better?
For me the first 3 weeks ore so where the hardest. A bit of an emotional rollercoaster so to say. What helped me back then was to get outside and walk. Nature, birds sounds, the wind in my hair…it was comforting and distracting at the same time for me.
It’s worth a try :walking_woman:

1 Like

@Joseph_welch , welcome to TS. Hope you find this place helpful.
@ciggy , well, I think a week is pretty grand. If freeing ourselves from our addictions were easy, TS probably wouldn’t even exist, nor would the volumes of quit lit out there, or the treatment centers, or the myriad other services or programs that are available to us to get sober or clean.
You’ve accomplished a lot by starting your own journey, and now have a week under your belt. So keep building on that success. Wishing you love and strength!

2 Likes

Ciggy…this is what you need to work on…why the self depreciation? To do this you need to be kind to yourself to give yourself the best chance at succeeding…i could bang on and on that you are no more or less deserving than anyone else of a better sober life but thats got to come from you and for you to work on yourself and truly believe it…when i first started trying to get sober i know i thought that the more i could beat myself up, put myself down, berate myself it would somehow absolve me of the guilt and shame that was swallowing me whole…it didnt work…what did work was compassion in the first instance from perfect strangers…the paramedic that told me if was gonna be ok and held my hand…the nurse at the hospital that gave me a hug because i was crying when she didnt have to…the people on this site that supported me…from there that gave me that tiny bit of strength to begin to start having some compassion for myself…this shit is hard ciggy…we all without exception find it hard as addicts to get sober and you are no different…read this back and let it really sink in…to do this you must change your mindset about yourself or you are setting yourself up to fail…do some work on your self esteem like i did…if you google there is alot online…worksheets and information…also look up positive psychology…we are all here for you Ciggy…sending you lots of love and hugs :heart: :people_hugging:

1 Like