First week sober

Good morning, and thanks for your message. Well, I am slightly over one month now, 32 days, and things are going well. A little while ago, actually on the plane back from Japan, I read a very interesting book by a guy named Alan Carr (as I recall) that presents a somewhat different way of looking at the whole idea of giving up alcohol (or smoking or drugs, or whatever) is not so much depriving yourself of something, rather FREEING yourself from the brainwashing that we all get from society, the people around us and even our family members. I bought the Kindle version and it wasn’t even five euros, but I thought that it was a good book. Anyway, I hope that you are also doing well as the one-month target approaches… i think that it gets easier over time, but I still think that coming here and reading / writing posts helps.
I hope that you have a nice day and a nice Christmas.

1 Like

Thanks @anon27700620 that’s a good way to look at it, and it does get easier with time, going on slightly over a month, just thinking of alcohol and the hangovers puts me off, weird how this shift in mind state has happened in just a month, even seeing my old friends drinking doesn’t really do it for me, I really can c myself never drinking again, but I know it’s constant work. All the best hey.

Great job with 1 week down.

Congrats stay strong. Im so far 1 month and 6 days and I feel amazing. Happy holidays!!

You’re absolutely right, I almost missed my one-month mark, in fact… not because of drinking, just because I was busy and not paying attention! Still, I was pretty happy to get to that 1-month mark. I guess that the next big goal for both of us is 90 days… quite a jump from 30 to 90, but I think that I’ll be all right. That book has definitely given me a different way of looking at things, one that I certainly find easier to live with. Anyway you’re right, it’s still constant work… especially over the holidays.
Have a nice Christmas!