First Weekend. Day 2!

This is my first weekend without having a drink and it was hard. This is actually day 2 of being sober. I think tomorrow will be harder, I don’t work so I have all this time at home…

I’m really surprised how my body feels without having a drink. It’s like a rollercoaster of emotions. I’ve been drinking a lot of water and I feel less bloated, but still pretty tired and unmotivated. But I feel ALL THERE. I was present and aware of everything, after work I watched movies with my kids and had dinner with them. It felt good and I felt happy. I read books, and listened to music too. Anything to keep my mind off my anxiety of not having a drink.

“What if I have just a little sip and throw the rest away” did cross my mind tho… those thoughts are so hard. Or wanting to stop somewhere a grab a drink after work like I usually do… it was so hard to not stop anywhere, especially on a Friday.

Even though it’s only been 2 days, I woke up this morning without feeling confused, dizzy, or super dehydrated.

Well I know my posts are all over the place but I’m just venting. This helps a lot.

I’m in bed now and feeling proud. I’m nervous about tomorrow but I’m going to make sure I stay busy.

Day 2 :heart:

11 Likes

Congratulations on getting through a tough night and putting a sober head down onto your pillow. Your sober brain and body will thank you in the morning with no hangover and being fully present with your kids! It’s a feeling I never get tired of!
If you feel yourself faltering or struggling, reach out here on the forum, there will always be someone around to lend you some support :hibiscus:

2 Likes