First World Problems in May/June of 2020

Because we need more this year, right?

I was very excited to try two new bedtime teas from Yogi. I got a Kava blend and a Valerian blend. Yeah! Come to me sleep happiness! Yesterday evening I was wondering why there was a sweetness, somewhat unpleasant. I thought maybe the Kava has a super strong flavor so they added some sweet herb I was unfamiliar with. Today - Valerian - same icky sweetness. Stevia! There is Stevia IN the teabag. People, I do NOT like Stevia! Presweetened teabag?? What???

Your 1st world problem?

5 Likes

I live in St. Paul. There is so much going on that your post makes me laugh. So thanks for that. It is sad because people move to Minnesota for sobriety. Now even the twin cities clubs that did open back after Covid are closed for safety. Hard for some to stay sober. Still I have managed, and talked to some within the clubs to do 12 step work. This keeps me going. Prayers are needed for those still suffering our disease. Prayers are needed for this country suffering cruelty like George. But then again I do appreciate the light hearted love and nature of your post. Be kind everyone and stay strong and sober. Please keep in mind all those who suffer both our disease and oppression. God bless

4 Likes

What! I drink the Yogis Kava tea and had no idea about the stevia! I always avoid artificial sweeteners and just googled stevia since you mentioned this. Causes low blood pressure, genetic mutations and cancer? I wonder if there are other good Kava brands.

1 Like

It’s the first Kava I have seen in a grocery store. I hadn’t heard that about Stevia, probably because I just don’t like any sweeteners. :wink:

1 Like

I don’t live in the 1st world so no 1st world problems. :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

3 Likes

My daughter and grandson just moved from St. Paul back to Minneapolis in March. They live just a few blocks from where Mr. Floyd was killed. My heart is with your cities and the protesters working for change. :heart::rainbow::heart:

As for the original post, I would not like a tea with stevia, yuck.

I was hoping for a light-hearted banter post. Alas, shit is too real, right now.

2 Likes

I ate all my organic vegan chocolate so I can’t have any more :worried::joy:

4 Likes

Sorry I didn’t read everything, hope my light hearted comment is not too insensitive, I can delete if that’s better :pray::sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Not at all!

1 Like

my first world problem of my day –

went to grocery store this morning. i’m standing behind this couple in line who straight up walked away from their shopping cart for like 10 min. after they came back, i noticed the next line was moving a bit quicker but the husband was standing there without any groceries, while his wife was in front of me. so i go over there with my cart and i’m like, “excuse me, are you guys moving into this line, or staying over there?” he looks stunned that i’m even calling him and his wife out. so i basically told him to pick a GD line and his wife sheepishly moved to him. i have NO TIME for people like that.

5 Likes

I admit my husband and I have done that in the security lines at Disney many times. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

funny you say that, lol. because in my head i was like, you’re not 16 at Six Flags! but at 8:30AM with lines full of people and their groceries, not on my watch.

2 Likes

Next time, just think of me doing it, you can chuckle AND simmer at the same time! :blush:

2 Likes

haha keep it at disney, sassy :joy:

3 Likes

Oh okay!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I have 4 muffins of different flavors. I can’t decide which one I want and its stressing me out. Lol

6 Likes

I’m having corn flakes for breakfast but I want Raisin Bran instead.

tenor (47)

3 Likes