First year of sobriety

Today, June 10th is my first full year of sobriety. Quitting drinking was the best decision I have made, and will ever make. I am very proud of myself knowing that I took action and made that choice a year ago today to stop drinking. Before sobriety I always had this void and felt that something wasn’t right, I have eventually come to find out that getting sober was the missing puzzle piece all along. I have witnessed so many lives affected negatively by alcohol including my own, I am just thankful I finally realized things needed to change. In conclusion I would to thank everyone on this app. Thank you for all the stories you have shared and support given. This one goes out to each of you for helping me reach this milestone!

Much Love,
Cody

PS- For all the newly sober, please continue to push through. It will get better with time. We are here for you.

39 Likes

Amazing! Such an inspiration. Thanks for sharing :fire::fire::two_hearts::bird:

1 Like

Wow, amazing, congratulations a huge achievement. Thank for your words to, just what I needed to hear right now x

1 Like

That’s awesome!! :star_struck: Congratulations! :confetti_ball:
1_year_clean_and_sober_button-rf0dbce445cbd4b37a4aabf5728cba75c_k94rf_307
Any practical tips for us?

1 Like

Great work amigo :grinning::tada:

1 Like

Another one.!!! Well done buddy. Good to see this!:joy::sunglasses:

1 Like

Congratulations. A huge milestone. The feeling must be amazing! I’m nearing 6 months. Feels good to make a decision and see it through.

1 Like

Congratulations :tada: inspiring reflection on your year too, thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Congratulations Cody! That’s truly wonderful.

1 Like

Great job on your year Cody!!! Congratulations! And keep moving forward!

1 Like

Wow …truly amazing !!!
This is another inspiration for me too.

1 Like

Congratulations, Cody! Such a huge accomplishment. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congrats. One year is amazing🎉

1 Like

Woow. Your words are so inspiring. I look up to you. Congratulations :confetti_ball:

1 Like

Congratulations on reaching one year sober.

1 Like

Congratulations :birthday::trophy::1st_place_medal::tada:

1 Like

How awesome! Congratulations :tada::clap:. I’m on Day 42…finally just starting to feel some good days (or at least moments). I love reading these positive stories! You are an inspiration to me :heart:

2 Likes

Congratulations on your first sober birthday!!! What’s your favorite change so far?

1 Like

Congrats. Always a great day when we get to celebrate an anniversary!

1 Like

Thank you very much @aircircle. I appreciate that!