Foodies Unite #10 (trigger warning food) I PITY TOFU ~ Mr. T (probably)

So doggie daycare over. Good report I hope from caretakers. Do we get a movie review?

Ps dinner looks great!

2 Likes

He played with ā€œLegs.ā€ Donā€™t know the dogā€™s real name. But thatā€™s his nickname.
They said he had a good time.

Edit

Thanks. It was quite nice.

4 Likes

More farmers market fare:

Last night, a simple salad of greens and sweet cherry tomatoes, and some barely steamed green beans (not the mushy ones of our youth, @Mno! :see_no_evil:) tossed with homemade pesto, extra parm.

Tonight, sauteed baby potatoes, peppers, and bison sausage on greens.

Am grateful for this bounty! :orange_heart:

EDIT: if i post pics of tofu am i gonna get flagged? :smile:

16 Likes

:joy::joy:. I would love to see the pictures

3 Likes

To Flag Tofu tofunny

2 Likes

Why are we hatinā€™ on tofu?

1 Like

Oh I will do that! Just gonna finish up these veg and that, er, bison :bison: (prob part soy? :laughing:) in my frig first!

2 Likes

I think weā€™re having fun with the title of this new thread :wink:

I def donā€™t hate tofu. But nor am I planning to cook up tofurkey at Thanksgiving! :poultry_leg:

2 Likes

I donā€™t get the title :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Its a play on this, from the A-Team, an extremely excellent 80s American TV show starting Mr. T.

7 Likes

Aha, I get it now! Wasnā€™t allowed to watch the A-Team back in the 80s, too violent for my mumā€™s taste :grin:

4 Likes

I didnā€™t get it either! Plus, Iā€™ve never heard of the A-Team although I do know who Mr. T is
Iā€™ve been making tofu since I was about 18 but I quit because it kept getting mashed up. I saw a recipe the other day for basically a marinated raw tofu. I donā€™t know if it was on here on the food thread or somewhere else
@Jazzy do you eat ā€˜rawā€™ tofu?

2 Likes

@M-be-free49

Not only did I put butterscotch in these I added apple too :yum:
Youā€™ve created a monster :cookie: :japanese_ogre:

14 Likes

Itā€™s a ( Healthy ) Cookie Monster! Iā€™m looking forward to the day that Gus has the big turnaround

1 Like

Oh those look delish! Applesauce or grated up?
Hmmm, Auntie M just might have to try some of her own substitutions!
Poor Gus. Next thing you know Gramps is gonna sneak tofu in and call it a cookieā€¦ :cookie::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

I just diced up a third cup apple. Sounded good. I like apple and peanut butter. And butterscotch sounds good with apple too.

Never happen :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with :yum:

@Alisa havenā€™t ever tried raw tofu and not sure I will. I do like it crispy for the most part or use the silken type for vegan eggs or cheesecakes.

1 Like

I am totally pro Tofu. I pity you crazy fools who donā€™t do tofu. :fist_left:t2:

Tofu chow mein.

23 Likes

One of my favorite things about a new food thread is the new title :joy:

8 Likes

17 Likes