Foodies Unite #10 (trigger warning food) I PITY TOFU ~ Mr. T (probably)

Egg and parmesan bagel :bagel:

18 Likes

Lamb Madras, jeera rice and garlic naan

17 Likes

Oooh I love jeera rice :yum:

2 Likes

Taste of not, I would eat this every day. EVERY DAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!

2 Likes

Stars collided and the new foodie thread just references today’s culinary experiment! I’ve made tofu like three times in my life, and those were a bit hit and miss, but I think this is a winner!

May I present:

Black pepper tofu and eggplant!

16 Likes

I think this is def a hit! Looks delicious :yum:

1 Like

Oats with frozen cherries

15 Likes

Today we got all fresh homemade Carne asada, refried beans and rice for the fam.

While picking up the Carne got myself some shrimp ceviche complete :fire:. Have a great weekend to all. Peace and take care :call_me_hand:t4:

19 Likes

Took myself to a new breakfast spot for lunch. Protein bowl, with home fried potatoes, sautéed spinach, peppers, onions, tomatoes, feta, avocado, bacon & poached eggs.

19 Likes

Birthday supper I made for hubby last week. There was a bit of a flare up on the bbq when I was tending to the potatoes in kitchen :confounded: but thankfully not completely charred :joy: I made some stuffed mushrooms too. They were my main course :yum:

20 Likes

16 Likes

Ceviche is definitely my jam, even more so with a bit of hot sauce on the side! :yum:

2 Likes

Thanks for so many shout outs sweet Alisa :revolving_hearts:

I ate a homemade plate with looot of salad, vegan döner, Feta, Tzaziki and lot of onions for dinner yesterday. Unfortunately didn’t take a photo. :rofl:

Food is life. Food is fuel. Still trying to heal my relationship with food. Eating 3 times a day with enough protein and healthy fat still makes things work. These days I am sometimes looking back to active alcohol addiction and am sorry for treating my body like this. Drinking. Drinking instead of eating. Not respecting being hungry.

Think my body is still confused and happy to get something every 5 to 6 hours. It’s relaxing. Still struggling. Blah blah blah.

Let food heal you :heart::cherry_blossom:
Bon Appetit :sunglasses:

8 Likes

That’s a beautiful post @Juli1
Yes, healing ….
I remember opening cans of chili and just eating it straight out of the can ughhhhhhhhhhh
Big hugs friend.

1 Like

@Mno I made a salad like yours. :point_up:Site wouldn’t let me reply to it since we are on a new chapter.
Sure wish I had some of your watercress and lambs lettuce :green_heart::leafy_green::green_heart:
To your good health with less meat.

My salad below.
Cannellini beans, many kinds of greens but not watercress or lamb’s lettuce :smiling_face_with_tear:, feta, Kalamata olives, cucumber, onion and tomato.
Bon appetit everyone
Food ( in moderation) is life.

14 Likes

Cooked a big pot of chili, in anticipation of hungry visitors coming down from Toronto on the train today. Apologies to the Southerners in the room, mine includes beans :yum:

20 Likes

In my opinion it’s not chilli if it hasn’t got kidney beans at least :joy:

4 Likes

Free food tells me gluten upsets my stomach after a long time without it.

13 Likes

Saturday night, nom nom

18 Likes

Why break a good ‘Saturday night, pizza night’ run, right? :yum:

2 Likes