Foodies Unite #3 (trigger warning food) (Part 1)

Nicely done! Love the berries.

1 Like

Another nothing fancy breakfast, but this type has been tasting good to me. Half a bagel with chive cream cheese, peppered turkey and romaine.

7 Likes

I probably should have mentioned I am cleaning out my fridge this week and my hubby decided he wasnā€™t having sandwiches this weekā€¦so I had to eat the sandwich fixinā€™s. So hereā€™s another weird combo: toasted rye, turkey, Gouda and bell pepper with a really nice horseradish mustard. I will probably have to share with Lupeā€¦

5 Likes

No sandwiches!!
Ya my wife hates sandwiches :grimacing:
I could pretty much have a sandwich for every meal.
Iā€™m sooo looking forward to the Kosher Style Delis in Santa Monica. Hopefully Iā€™ll go easy on the corned beef Rubens and the Pastramiā€™s. Better make sure I get the half sandwich combo. I donā€™t want to gain all my weight back.

1 Like

And you better take pics! Yeah, he likes to switch it up and forgets to tell me so I buy sandwich supplies and they donā€™t get eaten.

1 Like

Steak and Eggs on a Thursday afternoon for lunch.

Being sober and retired doesnā€™t suck.
Wish I did the sober part sooner.

9 Likes

@Dazercat Dear Eric! A kind request. If you havenā€™t been out to eat already, would please post the first plate youā€™re getting in a restaurant. We all know youā€™ve been looking forward to that, dar :wink::smile:

3 Likes

But itā€™s not my first pick restaurant. But I know it wonā€™t be crowded. And itā€™s near by at the Club. But now I donā€™t know if I can handle the pressure :grimacing::cry:
But a simple request I can do for you my dear.
:pray:t2::heart::rose:
Looks like Iā€™ll have to put some trousers on and a dress shirt. I hope I remember how to act. :rofl:

4 Likes

That would make Paul Bunyan proud. Looks wonderful.

2 Likes

Fresh roasted salsa verde for carnitas and black bean nachos. Itā€™s sooooo mild Iā€™m going to have to buy more serrano chiles tomorrow!

7 Likes

Soooo delicious!

6 Likes

Looks wonderful! Makes my mouth water! Iā€™ve made this a lot. I would always buy 14 tomatillos and 25 serranos. It seems crazy now! It would gel in the fridge. Looked just like yours. Simply scrumptious! Bon appetit!

Thanks! Holy moly thatā€™s a lot of chiles! Mine always gels too. Sometimes I add water or lime juice or sometimes I just stir and itā€™s fine. Iā€™ve made it purĆ©ed completely more often but Iā€™m really liking it chunky like this. The tomatillos were really tasty. Sweet tart.

2 Likes

Mexican night here too @RosaCanDo

Pork & Green Bells Enchiladas
With pico & lime crema

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Derailment void / Off topic 2021

My culinary hero :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::star_struck::wink::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Clean out the fridge meal #582: Pork carnitas and black beans bowl with queso fresco and salsa verde. Served with a few corn tortillas. !QuƩ sabroso!

10 Likes

You must have a really big fridge. Or do you clean your neighbors fridges out too :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I am expert at packing my medium sized fridge chock full. That being said, I have never been good at cooking for two. :crazy_face: My freezer is pretty full, too! We eat well :joy:

1 Like

Iā€™ve never had bubble tea! :flushed: Not Krispy Kreme. Didnā€™t know they had it in Canada! PS, nice nails!

1 Like