Foodies Unite #3 (trigger warning food) (Part 1)

Fresh roasted salsa verde for carnitas and black bean nachos. It’s sooooo mild I’m going to have to buy more serrano chiles tomorrow!

7 Likes

Soooo delicious!

6 Likes

Looks wonderful! Makes my mouth water! I’ve made this a lot. I would always buy 14 tomatillos and 25 serranos. It seems crazy now! It would gel in the fridge. Looked just like yours. Simply scrumptious! Bon appetit!

Thanks! Holy moly that’s a lot of chiles! Mine always gels too. Sometimes I add water or lime juice or sometimes I just stir and it’s fine. I’ve made it puréed completely more often but I’m really liking it chunky like this. The tomatillos were really tasty. Sweet tart.

2 Likes

Mexican night here too @RosaCanDo

Pork & Green Bells Enchiladas
With pico & lime crema

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Derailment void / Off topic 2021

My culinary hero :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::star_struck::wink::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Clean out the fridge meal #582: Pork carnitas and black beans bowl with queso fresco and salsa verde. Served with a few corn tortillas. !Qué sabroso!

10 Likes

You must have a really big fridge. Or do you clean your neighbors fridges out too :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I am expert at packing my medium sized fridge chock full. That being said, I have never been good at cooking for two. :crazy_face: My freezer is pretty full, too! We eat well :joy:

1 Like

I’ve never had bubble tea! :flushed: Not Krispy Kreme. Didn’t know they had it in Canada! PS, nice nails!

1 Like

Little man’s lazy Friday supper. Boxed Kraft Dinner & fruit/veg :laughing:

7 Likes

Crispy skin pan-seared salmon, on a bed of butter beans, tomato lemon and garlic, with local wild caught tiger prawns and local seared scallops. (:warning: Trigger Warning: delicious)

10 Likes

That looks phenomenal. Salmon is perfect.

Omg those scallops! :heart_eyes: Did you cook in cast iron? Mine never turn out so beautiful. Tell me your secret! That meal is worthy of me licking my phone screen

3 Likes

CAN I COME LIVE WITH YOU POR FAVOR AMIGO!
(yes dammit this is a complete sentence)

2 Likes

Gotta have bread though. If not just to get that sauce

1 Like

Scallops are not done in cast iron, but it is a heavy base old pan i have that handles even high heat well.
I dry the scallops well and then put in fridge uncovered for about an hour to let them dry further. I toss them in a little oil just to coat, then pop one at a time in a very hot pan.
I think of the pan as a clock face and put them in one by one, starting at the 12 position and going clockwise on outside then inside.
I give them 1 minute (for these thinner ones) before taking out in the same order I put them in - they all get the same cook time this way.
I only cook one side - i don’t flip them. They are so tender and wonderful, with that concentrated scallop flavour in the crust.
Serve cooked side facing up.

If you have any of the caramelised scallop juice on the pan then deglaze it with a touch of water and add this to any sauce you may have. That stuff is so amazingly flavourful.
:+1:

3 Likes

Fantastic! Thank you
:heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Give me a drum roll :drum: :drum: :drum: roll @Olivia

Started with Oysters from Bahston (Boston MA)

And for the main I got the Cajun Shrimp & Grits
With bacon collard greens.

It was a very nice evening out.
:pray::heart::rose:

15 Likes