Foodies Unite #4 (trigger warning food) DON'T GO BACON MY HEART!

Good morning strangers!

12 Likes

Cheesecake for Constitution Day :norway: :norway:

14 Likes

It a somewhat dreary day, so lunch is the last of the chicken rice soup and a pita pocket with turkey and melty Swiss. Ughhh I need to meal plan for the rest of the week! @EarnIt good to see you and your delicious looking (as always) meal. Just my style. Maybe I’ll copy you for dinner.

9 Likes

1st picture is our haul from PistachioLand- home of the largest pistachio. Pretty cool place. 2nd is the juicy turkey leg I’ve ever had. It was from a road side carnival food stand. I might go back for some funnel cake :thinking::drooling_face:

10 Likes

My supper tonight. Pan fried egg on sautéed baby spinach, with roasted peppers & baked tofu
And a piece of my banana loaf is in my future :yum:

8 Likes

Made a lazy breakfast pizza for lunch

10 Likes

That looks so tasty! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

My husband is at a work dinner so I made a leftovers meal, quesadilla with chopped up chicken fajita stuff and a side of chipotle refried pintos. Better get on that meal planning!

8 Likes

Ooooh I want to try making one! :yum: looks great

2 Likes

All America Modern Sports Grill
Got the onion rings to start :face_vomiting:
Frozen.

At least now I know.

The way we been going out to eat it’s a good thing I like grazing on salads or I’d be as big as a house by now :scream:

Charred Corn Chopped Salad.
Charred fresh corn romaine, and an acceptable amount of arugula, :crazy_face: ya I asked about it :smirk: avocado, cilantro, red peppers, radishes, pepetas, and a lime agave vinaigrette.
Good salad.
And my wife’s burger was really good too. Maybe next time.

6 Likes

I never heard of a breakfast pizza before. Looks really good. I’d eat that. For lunch. No breakie for me.

1 Like

I don’t have a picture but I JUST made a breakfast pizza, I used Pillsbury seamless croissant, next hash browns, then cheese, the toppings (I used sausage, red pepper & onion all pre cooked on the blackstone), then 6 eggs beaten & cook according to the croissant directions, 375 degrees for 13 minutes. So good!
Pinterest recipes try to tell you to use a “sauce” either cheese sauce or sausage gravy but it is so not necessary if you follow this (layering) order.

2 Likes

We have a pizza joint that makes breakfast pizzas on the weekends, you can also get it by the slice, hope I remember this on Saturday, Yum!

2 Likes

The breakfast pizza earlier was very non traditional (me being lazy) :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: had an old udi’s gf pizza crust in the freezer that I put in the bottom of a pie tin, loaded on a bunch of veg, shredded a little cheddar and cracked the eggs straight in there.

Normally (and now I might need to do one of these this weekend) I would do it more like a loaded biscuits and gravy style with biscuit crust, mushroom gravy, scrambled eggs, tomatoes and chives.

Sweet potato & black bean quesadillas for dinner

8 Likes

The Mission
Holy Guacamole :avocado: :scream: Made table side.

Mission Guacamole.
chunky haas avocado, jalapeño, red onion, fresh garlic, sea salt, lime, tomatoes, chipotle puree, cilantro, cotija, toasted pepitas

Faroe Islands Salmon
chimichurri, smoked Peruvian potatoes, charred onion, cauliflower, caper agrodolce, aji amarillo & pineapple brown butter

Everything was amazing!!
That pineapple brown butter worked really well with the salmon. I didn’t think it sounded good at first. But it was incredible with the salmon. Cooked perfectly.

7 Likes

Fried Mac n cheese :grinning:. Sounds amazing! Not sure I’ve seen that one before. I’ve done fried cheesecake before. Btw. I love pistachios. Looks like a fun place you went to. Love the turkey leg.

2 Likes

Threw this together for dessert, angel food cake with strawberry sauce on chocolate ganache, topped with fresh whipped cream and more strawberries. :yum:

10 Likes

Oats are a pretty ordinary breakfast for me, but these looked so pretty :heart_eyes: Made a big batch of steel cut in my rice cooker and topped with a splash of half and half, blueberries, pecans, and just a drizzle of pure maple syrup. :ok_hand:t4:

14 Likes

Steel oats arent typically my thing but these made my moth water!!!

1 Like

My rice cooker makes them nice and tender :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: