Foodies Unite #4 (trigger warning food) DON'T GO BACON MY HEART!

Continuing the discussion from Foodies Unite #3 (trigger warning food) Let's TACO 'BOUT FOOD - #2509 by Salty.

Previous discussions:

4 Likes

Went on my run this morning. Cold (well, for here – 40°) and dark.

This was great eating to come home to – yes I ate this at 6:30 this morning :sweat_smile:

Very hearty and of the season. Not great presentation, but whatcha gonna do?

Chicken, apple, and butternut squash roasted together in oil with thyme. Toss that with whole wheat rotini, chopped pecans, and a dressing of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dijon, garlic, shallot, salt, pepper.

Bit heavy on calories but it suits me fine for running days/leg day.

29 Likes

That’s my kind of breakfast.

4 Likes

Well, this one is gross :nauseated_face:
Sounds healthy. I’ll plow through it.

Mango
Passion Fruit
Spinach
Tahini
Hemp Seed
Moringa

16 Likes

We’ve been waiting all week for this. Chili cheese dogs. With knife and fork.

23 Likes

The Greek place is just so close.

38 Likes

@Salty made me do it….

24 Likes

I have to say that gravy looks amazing. I like the color.

3 Likes

It was soooo good!

1 Like

Very festive night at the club.
O’s with a strawberry mignonette. Not a fan of the strawberry mignonette :grimacing: too sweet.

But very festive :christmas_tree:
Chicken Pot Pie in 20 degree weather hits the spot.

22 Likes

Holiday treats I made with my friend. Sadly plastic wrap was put on the sugar cookies too soon and it killed the glossy shine.

I think I might have gained 10lbs by absorbing sugar through my skin. :laughing: Tomorrow we plate and give treats out to neighbors and friends. But tonight my dining room is a bakery showroom floor. :rofl:

Sorry @Dazercat :sweat_smile: Never hurts to look though, right??

25 Likes

Beautiful work! I am amazed.

2 Likes

You’re an artist 🧑‍🎨 (ar-teest)
Are those rice crispy treats on top? I would devour those bad boys.
So pretty.

4 Likes

@RosaCanDo and @Dazercat Thank you! I will also pass your praise along to my friend as well. And yep, those are rice crispy treats! The topping is a very light marshmallow butter cream frosting with a hint of mint. I’m not a huge fan of mint, but we needed some green for variety.

4 Likes

What about sorry for me? :wave: I’m happy to look at them! I love looking at them! And you would have to keep me locked up or I might eat them all! Sugaraholic.
You and your friend have made some beautiful cookies! Wonderful gifts from your hearts you’re getting ready to give.
You are such an artist :man_singer:with your baking!
I’ll take the bon bon ones and the sugar cookie ones which look great!
Happy holidays and thanks for posting these delights that are “out of reach”… a veritable feast for my :eyes: eyes.
Love it. xxx

2 Likes

3 Likes

Sunday soup

26 Likes

Beauty! My mom makes an asparagus soup that I manage to screw up frequently. Maybe I’ll try again soon.

3 Likes

Those pictures are beautifully set up. I’ve never had asparagus soup. Honestly, I never thought about the existence of asparagus soup until now. It looks really delicious.

5 Likes

I am sorry for you too! :laughing:

If you lived near enough, trust me, I would give you some. It’s a lot of sugar and my body is not a fan. :sweat_smile: My pleasure to post them! There are so many amazing cooks/bakers in this thread that I’m just doing my part in maintaining the high bar that has been set by others. :wink:

1 Like