Foodies Unite #7(trigger warning food) GNOC, GNOC, GNOCCHI ON HEAVEN'S DOOR!

I’ve done a version of this. I love sardines in pasta plus “whatever” :sweat_smile: So easy and satisfying! Love your combo.

2 Likes

It’s so dependable! And so tasty! :yum::drooling_face:

3 Likes

My dessert after all that pasta…

Licorice tea and a ‘healthy’ bar that is probably worse for me than chocolate :chocolate_bar: very tasty though and since I’ve started working out more I’m like a bottomless pit. :joy:

12 Likes

My version(ish) for lunch today was leftover noodle bowl ingredients chopped up (cabbage, carrots, scallions) and I added chopped yellow bell pepper and cucumber and a packet of pink salmon, plus some sesame oil, lime juice and sriracha. Fresh tasting!

15 Likes

Not the prettiest picture of food but definitely something different AND delicious in its own right.
We made 15 jars of Horseradish :astonished:
This root grows like a weed here so we use it :purple_heart:

16 Likes

Sorry, here is the finished product :grinning:

17 Likes

That’s so cool! My husband would be so jealous, he loves the stuff (I like it enough :sweat_smile:)

3 Likes

Oh my days, I wish I lived near. I would be hitting you up so much for some of that. It looks immense.

3 Likes

Breakfast today is a wheat English muffin, cream cheese, turkey, whole grain mustard, farm tomato and greens. :+1:t3:

13 Likes

Oh I could devour this right now! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Made this random soup on the thanksgiving weekend to clean up some ingredients. Sautéed some celery, carrots, zucchini with diced local maple cured bacon while the cauliflower roasted in oven. Simmered all together with roast veggie stock, half grated potato to thicken. Blitzed a few times with immersion blender. Touch of Emmental cheese. Looks like baby food but it’s yummy! :joy: the bacon gave a nice flavour

10 Likes

Why Gammon?
I know what a gammon steak is. We call it a ham steak. Pig. I’ve never thought to ask any of my British friends. Is it just a different name like
Aubergine
Swede
Courgette
Rocket
or is there a meaning? Not that I know the reasons for the other names either.
And it looks great by the way.
Wifey hates gammon. So the chef doesn’t bother cooking it here.

3 Likes

Well, we have continued the Wednesday night pizza tradition that started when we moved and had a packed up kitchen. I hope to include homemade pizzas soon, but for now we are exploring some local Italian restaurants (there are a few, surprisingly, for this smaller city we live in) since we live much closer to the downtown area now. It’s a 5 minute drive as opposed to 15-20 at our old place (wow, big difference :sweat_smile:). This is from Marco’s and it’s pretty dang tasty! All fresh ingredients on this Supreme, homemade sauce, of course, also homemade spicy sausage that has a kick and is super yummy. The crust is basic but does the trick. Next week we will try Vinny Vanucci’s! (Or I’ll make homemade, we’ll see)

11 Likes

That’s a good reason.
Thanks.
When’s dinner?

1 Like

It’s been a while since I cooked. Since it’s a blustery day, I made potato leek soup and soda bread.

I got got! Those Shun knifes are sharp af!

Finished! Pretty easy!

15 Likes

Yum. A fav! Though I admit I’ve never made it, only have made plain old potato soup. Thanks for the inspiration.

3 Likes

Oh my!! That looks absolutely delicious. I hope you saved a little for me? :joy:

2 Likes

Spinach omelette

14 Likes

Home made vegetarian soup
20231012_173324

15 Likes

Thanks man, there’s always a seat at the table!

2 Likes