Foodies Unite #7(trigger warning food) GNOC, GNOC, GNOCCHI ON HEAVEN'S DOOR!

Chicken and barley broth for lunch.

19 Likes

Leftovers from yesterday. Meatloaf, mashed potatoes and Chicory with onions and a tiny splash of cream. Better than yesterday :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::drooling_face:

16 Likes

Always better the next day! Looks so good.

3 Likes

Thank you :blush::pray:
The way I cooked the Chicory yesterday was not edible haha, the taste was a nightmare. But like this: :yum::ok_hand:

3 Likes

Rice noodles in miso with mushrooms and tofu. Been enjoying this pickled daikon lately.

23 Likes

Beauty in a bowl! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Took a crack at a homemade seafood chowder with no recipe. Mirepoix, diced potatoes & a rich dark veg stock (as I had no chicken stock; thus the lack of white creamy colour). Mussels, shrimp, Atlantic cod, boneless smoked sardines. A bit of cream cheese, splash of 5% light cream. I intended to use bacon as the smoky flavour but had a can of the smoked sardines which added a nice smoky flavour and more protein/omega-3. I had clams & Nova Scotian scallops but decided to save those! Enough seafood to suffice the dish. A big batch cooked up that no one will eat but me! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I’ll admit it’s tasty but next time I’ll grate my potatoes

18 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: This looks like a dream! I bet it tastes wonderful and you had better send me a bowl since it’s only you eating it.

3 Likes

Another noodle bowl :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: miso broth, thin sliced pork, red peppers, mushrooms, asparagus, scallions, topped with nori, sriracha and sesame seeds. Tried out our new eating arrangement on a low coffee table sitting on floor cushions - it was so lovely being able to enjoy a meal in my favorite room, the living room with all my plants around and the best ambiance. Delightful.

19 Likes

Yoghurt and kefir with blueberries, apple, toasted pinhead oatmeal and chia seeds.

16 Likes

Kiddo helping decorate a chocolate cake I made with cream cheese icing
:hatching_chick:

17 Likes

Pizza night! :pizza:

16 Likes

Finally found my connection for weekly farm egg purchases in town, organic pasture raised. I’m psyched!

17 Likes

I am experimenting with whipped cottage cheese mixtures as a healthier alternative to store bought dips and cheese spreads and my first attempt is good! Kind of a lemony garlicky green goddess thing going on with chives and scallion tops. I need tons more herbs next time but this is exciting!

13 Likes

You are such a good chef @RosaCanDo

5 Likes

You’re sweet. I can’t stop eating this stuff! I shouldn’t overdo it, either, but I’m glad it’s got good protein and low fat.

13 Likes

The eggs are beautiful, congratulations on finding that resource.

Your dip looks nice!

I love the Labneh that I make.

I can re-post the real recipe which is strained yogurt.

I have a Lebanese friend who told me she doesn’t strain the yogurt, she just adds the garlic, salt, olive oil and herbs of her choice to Greek yogurt.
That’s what I do even though I have special cheese cloth I ordered from Vermont.

When I make it I don’t measure anything, I just add what I want to add. It’s delicious. Olive oil in the yogurt is very tasty.
This is a kind of crummy pic of mine, using dried herbs and not fresh which I have plenty of. Plus you stir the olive oil in more. or as much as you like. Anyway the point is the way I make it it is more like a dip and less like a cheese.

Editing to add: Looking at the recipe I have/posted, there is no way I would add that much salt or that much olive oil either most likely. I just make a few cups, eyeball it, and add some of this and some of that and it always turns out 1000% great.

7 Likes

Thanks! I’ve been meaning to try labneh also. I did put a drizzle of high quality EVOO in this dip and that was a nice touch.

Edit to ask if you think lemon would work in the yogurt? Maybe lemon zest?

3 Likes

I think anything will work in it. Once you make it once you will see how you can add anything you wish.

1 Like

Okay! I’m going to try it soon! Thanks Alisa :heartpulse:

1 Like