Foodies Unite #7(trigger warning food) GNOC, GNOC, GNOCCHI ON HEAVEN'S DOOR!

Made the best chicken soup ever…well thats its name. Basic ingredients plus tumeric, ginger, and couscous.

It was alright. Ive had better. 7/10

13 Likes

BBQ success! Local Iowa brats (I had mine with sauerkraut and dill relish because I couldn’t decide, plus good grainy mustard), drumsticks with chipotle salsa, my cilantro lime slaw, grilled spring onions, and we grilled pineapple brushed with some hot (spicy) honey for the first time. It was good but we needed higher heat to get the char/caramelization we wanted. Lessons learned.

15 Likes

Pretty food @ Cast & Plow tonight.
And the muddled jalapeño virgin margarita was delicious. I was afraid to post it in case it might be a trigger.

Tuna Crudo
yuzu pepper sauce, avocado purée, salsa macha, blue tortillas

Petaluma Chicken

Harrissa rub, shishito peppers, baby kale, garlic potato mash, chicken jus

16 Likes

Nice idea! Inspiring me :heart_eyes:
with these crunchy veggies…
Would choose a vegan skyr alternative, but there are so many nice herbs starting to grow right now :green_heart::muscle:t2:

4 Likes

Wow, looks like an advertisement!:star_struck:

5 Likes

Banana bread - Paleo style version :muscle:t2::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

People in Germany tends to buy brown eggs, because they think there are more organic.:smile:

3 Likes

It’s funny to truncate a German word like “brats”. Sounds really uncommon to me.:wink:

2 Likes

Could you please send me the recipe?

I’m finally allowed to eat bananas again at the end of April.

3 Likes

Just for you in german :sunglasses:

As you know I am an experienced and experimental chef… This is just a possible variation. With lots of protein and fat, lower in carbs. As I want it like that right now.

You can also make vegan versions or versions with higher carbs from oats. But this one is a basis that works good. My version today had a bit of chopped dark chocolate additionaly.

4 Likes

Thank you! Much appreciated.

I wouldn’t use honey and oil. Is it possible to use oat instead of almonds?

I’ve lost >20 kg since the beginning of this year and I would prefer that it stays that way.:wink:

4 Likes

Congratulations, that is very rapidly!
There are lot of philosophies of what to eat to stay or get lean. Almonds are fat burners by the way. And I am back into a little bit more low carb and 90% Paleo style.

Despite of today…
For the celebrations, we will eat sushi. :sushi::rice_ball:

I didn’t c the honey and oil… Don’t ever use this.

You can put a pinch of vegan milk in it instead of oil. And I always use stevia as a sweetener.

If you want a banana bread with oats, I would recommend:
5 bananas
200 ml vegan milk
250 g dry incredients like nuts and oats
Stevia
Baking powder
Cinnamon or dark chocolate…

Ok it might be a bit difficult for Matti, but there are several ways :rofl:

5 Likes

It was fun to make. And I was happy to find naturally coloured chocolate eggs! (Uses colour from beet, turmeric, spirulina etc)

5 Likes

It is interesting, isn’t it? But I rarely hear people actually say or write “bratwurst” around here. In my part of America it is all “brat” and sounds rather harsh to me :joy:

3 Likes

How is the “a” pronounced when you say it? Liked “spoiled brat” or “brought”?

2 Likes

Brought LOL! Imagine if it was like spoiled brat ha! “I’m eating a (spoiled) brat” :rofl: Edit to say in some “Midwestern” accents it is still sometimes a very nasally vowel sound lol

4 Likes

Oh God! There’s foodie threads on this app?!?! I must be in Heaven! My happy place is my kitchen. Im crazy(ive been told. LOL) I have dreams of recipes, wake up, write them down and then make it happen. This weekend? Chicken Cordon Blue in a puff pastry and Italian meat rollups topped with Provel cheese. Not Provolone! Any and all of my St Louis, MO friends will understand! Pics to come later today/tomorrow.

9 Likes

You had me at puff pastry :yum:

5 Likes

Pretty plain looking but tasty. Rice noodles and a peanut satay sauce with sautéed shrimp. Kiddo had rotini and a bit of meat sauce. And garlic bread :yum:

12 Likes

Brunch! Got to try the farm fresh eggs this morning and YUMMY! I had some leftover boiled red potatoes, so I cut them in half, smashed them and air fried them, skin side up first then flipped for bottom side up. Came out great! And my new favorite lower sodium bacon. A mug of Ceylon orange pekoe with cream. Gooooood stuff.

12 Likes