Foodies Unite #9 (trigger warning food) WHAT THE FOCACCIA?! THIS BUTTER BE IMPORTANT

Dinner last night. BbQ chicken thighs, mashed potatoes, and green beans (not pictured)

10 Likes

How do y’all make your mashed potatoes? I boil my potatoes in chicken broth. When done blend in a stick of butter and cream. Salt and pepper to taste.

6 Likes

That looks great to me :scotland:

3 Likes

Endorsed by a Scot :scotland:,it cannae get better than that,happy days!! ,thank you :grinning::+1:t2:

3 Likes

Pretty much the same really but i use water instead of chicken broth,ive never thought of doing it that way it seems like a good idea,is it just like a stock cube your using ?

2 Likes

Depends what I have on hand. I canned a bunch, so Ia using that. When i run out, i will go back to bullion.

2 Likes

so i boil the pots until soft,strain all the liquid off,let them steam dry for a few mins,put them back in the pan and mash them,add butter,milk/cream and mash again until smooth,then season,i wouldnt blend in a blender as the potato will go gluey :+1:

3 Likes

I use a hand mixer. My house hold needs lumps in their’s

4 Likes

I boil potatoes in salted water, put them through a potato ricer and then add a little butter a splash of milk and whip the potatoes with a fork until fluffy

4 Likes

My daughter’s face lit up when she found out we were having steak, mashed potatoes and savoy cabbage with a cup of cabbage water on the side. :joy:

11 Likes

I pressure cook mine in very little water for 5-7 minutes depending on how many. Tip water away and leave them to dry in the hot pressure cooker pan. Butter and salt, mash. The best mash IMO as the flesh is dry and fluffy due to little contact with water.

6 Likes

I’m gonna try the pressure cooker method …sounds perfect.

I boil my peeled potatoes in salted water. Drain and mash. Add salt, pepper, vegan butter and some almond milk and then blend with hand blender. Top with chives

5 Likes

Garlic powder, stick, or more, of butter, cheddar cheese, always (except for Thanksgiving, because my daughter prefers lump-free) hand-mashed. Lifetime mashed potato work. I should make some because my daughter would be so happy and surprised!

It’s a well known dish I am often asked to bring. Just sayin’ - damn good!

8 Likes

Coffee shop lunch at Point Dume after my meeting @EarnIt

Le Cafe De La Page
Prosciutto Ficelle with white cheddar, arugula :wink: can’t get away from it here :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: mustard and mayo. A croissant and a cappuccino.

“Only Good Vibes Here” :sunglasses:

12 Likes

Happy place, happy food choice, my friend!!

1 Like

:plate_with_cutlery:

Had to eat my shreddies quick they were suckin up my lack of milk :smirk:, an anyone wanna help me eat the tuna pasta !!my portion control s like my addiction s (fucked up)

13 Likes

Grateful I got to cook dinner for Gus yesterday.

Gave him his first taste of a Polish Kielbasa
Get him hooked early :joy:

Thought I’d wait til next year to get him on the horseradish :scream: but he loves his ketchup.

15 Likes

13 Likes

Looks delicious! Maybe he’d like cocktail sauce. :fried_shrimp:

2 Likes

Topped omlette creation again…
With Parmesan in it.
Yes it’s all Jalapeños… I’m a hot girl :sweat_smile:

Food is fuel @Alisa :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes