Foodies Unite #9 (trigger warning food) WHAT THE FOCACCIA?! THIS BUTTER BE IMPORTANT

Continuing the discussion from Foodies Unite #8(trigger warning food) PLEASE DONUT LEAVE YET... I'M FEELING CANNELLONI! - #2543 by MrsOdh.

Previous discussions:

1 Like

@MrsOdh sounds like you have a lot to contend with dietary wise, so I’m not surprised you are organised…. I’m the same, cheese in a drawer, greens in one side and colourful veggies the other side, chocolate and nut bars separate….its very controlled but works.

Any dregs of jam or apples in sight and I make puff pastry danish treats and freeze them for morning walks with coffee in the flask. My sister won’t let me open her fridge, it’s often her first words to me when I get thru the front door - DONT LOOK IN MY FRIDGE…

Creativity comes for me through necessity. We never had money as a kid and often bare cupboards and so perhaps it’s an emotional hangover for me. But I don’t like waste either, so it works and we eat very well and frugally. The butchers will often give you bones from the back if you ask when you are getting something else. I will then make stock with that and my veg ends. It’s better than shop bought stuff by miles :facepunch:t2:

Like @Alisa says, food is life.

7 Likes

Gluten and dairy free Fish and chips, I don’t really like French Fries so I only had a few and made a glutenfree wrap of my fish.
Sparkling water to drink.

19 Likes

16 Likes

Freezer dinner w/fresh broccoli.

Wild Hake loin, mussels in garlic and butter and pre cooked new potato wedges that I made up a huge batch of and froze.

So yummy.

22 Likes

Sandwich and carrots with hummus.

Love the name of the new thread @AyBee

16 Likes

Streets of New York
STILL THE #1
ham • coto salami • provolone • lettuce • tomatoes • red onions • Streets Italian dressing

I wish I found this place a couple of years ago.
Their pizza looks good too.

14 Likes

How is that cat not bothering you with all that lovely fish around? :heart_eyes_cat:

4 Likes

They have been trained to not bother us during meals :raised_hands:t2::raised_hands:t2::heart_eyes_cat:

They like greasy takeaway smells best, like salty chips….:joy:

3 Likes

Made a lasagna. Normally I’d put more stuff in like extra veg and such, but was hoping kiddo would try it. I used those “fresh” pasta lasagna sheets

23 Likes

Looks great and great pic :+1:

4 Likes

My choice would have been some creamy/white spinach lasagna. Or creamy seafood :crazy_face: I could leave the meat & red sauce

2 Likes

I guess that’s where we differ. Meat and tomatoes here. And of course cheese.
I’d love a good veggie lasagna too.
The pic was nice and cheesy gooey :yum:

4 Likes

Yes, I prefer my white sauce in pizza :laughing:
I wanna try this chicken lasagna. Or a seafood rendition :lobster:

7 Likes

I had a sand crab lasagna at a local estate restaurant and it was to die for.
Very rich… but I could not stop eating it

4 Likes

Can’t make it with either meat, because of my kids, but I am making it with veg - maybe 1/2 with seafood for me!

Cut it, freeze it, love it (depending on the pasta turn out). GF can be wonky.

3 Likes

Last fried chicken at The Horney Toad

If you ever, do find yourself in Arizona, in the Sonoran desert, go to Cave Creek and stop in at The Horney Toad and order the fried chicken. It is the best ever!
Not crazy about the brown gravy though. Should be white or cream gravy shouldn’t it :thinking:

16 Likes

No. GF brown, or mushroom brown. Thank you very much.

2 Likes

Brown gravy all the way

4 Likes

Help me out here @Alisa
Brown or white gravy with fried chicken?
@RosaCanDo ?
@Runningfree ?

Allright. How bout the cobbler?
Apple or Peach
@Cjp @EarnIt

Peach :peach: of course!

10 Likes