For the longest time, I wanted to

I’m a runner and typically stick to 5ks but I’ve always dreamt of running a marathon and my very lofty goal, Boston.
In the spring I’d like to start training for at least a half marathon!

4 Likes

Guess everybody’s lingo is different! My friends and I have used that term in reference to social media for years. To each their own !

1 Like

So, I saw that someone had posted and deleted a comment about stalking. Let’s just say that certain language is totally cool with your friends, but it gets weird when you say it around strangers in writing. We cant hear sarcasm, if there was any…

1 Like

@Snwram3 to be clear also, we’re not attacking you. Just a discussion.

@anon62920945 yeah, there has been a lot of hurt feelings lately. We could honestly try to be more sensitive, but at the same time, we cant just walk on eggshells everywhere we go. Newcomers to sobriety who are still in that phase where they get angry at everything, will still get angry.

It isn’t just newcomers who believe that some of the behavior here is over the top at times.

1 Like

In her defense, what she meant was “Facebook stalking”, as in checking out social media profiles to gain insights. Totally benign meaning of a word with negative connotation.

1 Like

I may point out that the OP is a woman… though I guess women and stalk women. I can see how it’s a jargon thing. I’ve definitely left my mouth unchecked. Before I moved to Portland for grad school and all growing up, my friends and I would say stuff like, “that’s gay, dude.” Like we were saying something sucks. When I got to a populace where it wasn’t okay to say that, I quickly understood why.

Yeah, I agree. Social media stalking is a thing. Not necessarily a malicious or creepy thing. I research all my applicants at work online before considering hiring them. Any pictures of them doing drugs or alcohol, dropping lots of bad language, dressing incredibly immodest, etc. It’s a certain no to that applicant.

I definitely dont feel attacked I can understand the other way of hearing it. But I will definitely say I wouldn’t physically being stalking someone on a trail. That just means they’re walking slow, I’d pass them and be on my merry way :blush:

2 Likes

We cool, we cool. :sunglasses: