For Those With Buddhist Inclinations

For those of you who might benefit from a recovery approach based on Buddhist principles, Refuge Recovery now has a six month study guide and many phone, online and in-person meeting options. I like this approach because in many ways these practices are intended to ‘help make you a better whoever you already are’ as the Dalai Lama expressed it.

I have also been a fan of Noah Levine and his books for a long time, starting with Dharma Punx. I am incorporating this six month plan with my own therapy process and it combines reading, writing, audio and meditation organized into weekly tasks. Here is the link:

https://sites.google.com/view/rractionguide/index/6-month-path-index

I hope some of you find it helpful.

Don

7 Likes

right on thanks for sharing :slight_smile: i just started reading refuge recovery. ive met a couple people who attend the meetings and spoke highly of them, i may hit one of them up and try a meeting after reading the book.

1 Like

Wow hey thanks! Reading a lot of jack kornfield during this process, and I haven’t yet bit on the whole AA part (yet anyway). I’ll look into this

This is fantastic! Thank you so much for linking to that site. I can’t wait to get started.

Thank you so much for sharing! Namaste :pray:

1 Like

And then this happened today specific to Noah Levine: