Forum Freezes on mobile

@Robin. Hello robin I just want to let you know on my iPhone 7 with the current updates the app freezes constantly. Maybe it’s just me I know you just updated just giving you heads up.

1 Like

Hello Chad,

What’s freezing? The app with the timer or the forum?

The forum. I don’t stay on the timer page enough to know about it

Hmm could you include a screenshot? The forum page runs inside of the app, so I’m trying to figure out which is causing the problems.

Umm lol well I am not the most tech savvy. But that being said I couldn’t take a screenshot at the time because it’s like my phone is frozen. I can’t even type. When it’s acting up it might let me type a few words then freeze for a minute and then I can continue. Trying to update the new posts seems to trigger a freeze by freeze it’s something from a couple of seconds to maybe a couple of minutes. But during the freeze the only thing I can do is close my app on phone

Sounds like the iPhone app is freezing. Could you try and use the forum from Safari? Open op Safari (iPhone’s web browser) and go to www.TalkingSober.com

1 Like

I will try on safari and Firefox in a few. I’m going to be a little busy this morning. I’m sorry I mentioned this and can’t donate enough time to help you suffeiciently. I will try to get back as quick as possible.

@Robin. I played around for a little bit on the browser version and it seemed to run fine. I also read several on the app and it responded better was going to say it working smooth. This was the first one I’m responding to and the app version I’m on is still freezing as I am typing this one. I’m really just trying to let you know. Not grumbling about things. I should of tried answering in the browser sorry. I will later.

Thanks for testing @Chad_R!
I found a bit of code on the forum that was causing errors, so I’ve cleaned that up. Let me know if it made a difference.

1 Like

Thank you for the detail. What phone do you have, and what version of Android does it have on?
Also to confirm, is this when you are browsing from within the app or when you open it through a browser?

Forum was freezing on me earlier today.

Samsung Droid; using mobile app.

1 Like

I’m having trouble reproducing this as it’s not happening to me at all. Did the fix I did yesterday help at all or are you still getting freezes today?

Time to add more nodes, cluster and load balance the traffic @Robin

Is there a huge increase in load? Why is it suddenly like this? Quite frustrating posting on here last 48 hours.

The system’s load is fine. After the resource upgrade it’s been running way under maximum.

I notice a visible difference in performance when posting from within the app compared mobile/PC browser. It looks like it’s slow on the client-side.

I’ve disabled some of the addons on the forum (like who’s online) and I’ve set the forum to use the stable version instead of the beta version. Please test and let me know if there are any improvements.

1 Like

In summary:

• Fixed some broken code on the forum’s page that caused Javascript errors (I think this will solve the problem for iPhone)
  • Improved the performance of the forum inside the Android app (remember to update)
  • Disabled some add-ons on the forum (these will come back later)

@Chad_R, @C-sun, @Quitter, @Oliverjava, @SassyRocks, @Camie Do you see any improvements?

3 Likes

Yes, less issues…tho I am rather distracted today…I think it is much better.

1 Like

Ah great news @SassyRocks & @C-sun :smiley:

I’ll keep it like this for another day and then I’ll enable the addons again. I don’t think they were to blame.

Yes it is better thank you!

1 Like