Four Weeks today

Four weeks ago I started this journey and it happened to also be my six year wedding anniversary. I’m really happy to have reached this 28 day milestone.

This is always a difficult time of year for me, though. Tomorrow will be the six year anniversary of my best friend’s suicide. He was best man at my wedding and a month later he was dead. Such a shame that my wedding, and now sobriety, anniversary also reminds me that this anniversary is just around the corner.

Miss him so much.

If anyone is struggling with their mental health please speak out. Unfortunately we live in a society that demands we reach out. Not a society which provides out reach. I’m happy to talk to anyone who is struggling though and just want to put it out there that anybody can message me directly if they need to talk.

Have a great, sober Friday everyone.

20 Likes

Congratulations on 4 weeks. This is great! And you seem to have it with dates :wink: tomorrow might be a difficult day for you. But think about it like this: your best friend looks at you from heaven and is massively proud of you for stacking up the numbers. Wishing you all the best. And be proud of yourself :sparkles:

4 Likes

Great work on four weeks, I’m so sorry to hear about your friend. Mental health is sooo important. It’s crazy to see the friends and loved ones so close to us spear so happy on the outside and yet be struggling so much on the inside. :pensive: I’m thinking of you my friend. Suicide is awful. I lost my sister to it 4 years this April, she left behind two children, she was a single parent. God bless them kids, my heart aches for them​:cry:…I second what you say my friend. Please!! If you are struggling, reach out!! :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like

This is so deep and puts your whole point into perspective. I’m sorry for your loss yet happy for your milestone! Congratulations on 28 days and to many more! :clap:t5:

1 Like

Thanks for that. Day 45 today. Going strong :muscle:

2 Likes