Fresh out of rehab today

Hello everyone! My name is Chris and I’m an alcoholic. I was discharged from a 35 day inpatient rehab facility today. I feel great and I’m 36 days sober! I just wanted to introduce myself and start to expand my community. Talk to you later!

26 Likes

What’s up Chris. Welcome to the community. Congrats on finishing rehab and your 36 days of sobriety. Reach out if you need anything :v:

Welcome Chris and congrats on your sober time, glad to have you aboard :blush:

Thank you!

1 Like

Congratulations! I’m proud of you for seeking out a sober community outside of rehab. Coming back to outside life can be difficult but finding other people in recovery helps so much

Congratulations Chris! Everything is going to get better from here. Welcome to the group!

2 Likes

Welcome Chris and congratulations on 36 days.

1 Like

Grats on over a month and welcome. I’m new too and it seems like a good place to be.

Welcome Chris and congrats on your sober time. This is a great community great for support or even asking for advice .its no judgment safe place . Welcome and keep up the good job . One day at a time ;

Hi Chris. I bet you are so psyched to be out of there. Can you imagine 90 days?

I am also new to this forum. So far so good. I will be trying to check in here daily to remind myself I need yous alls help.

Stay safe tonight

-Solar

1 Like

Hey Chris! Welcome home. I look forward to getting to know you better as you grow along in your journey. Stay in touch this is a great community of recovering people. Reach out if you need anything :100::heart:

1 Like

I forgot to add the importance of meetings and going to them and staying in the rooms and the importance of staying connected :+1:

1 Like

Welcome! It’s so much better on this side.

Great move, connecting with new sober friends after my rehab stint was essential in my recovery and haven’t looked back since :raised_hands:

Hey chris its chris congrats on 36 days welcome to the forum its great if u need anything anytime of day :grinning: :+1:

Hi Chris and welcome here!
Congratulations with your 36 sober days :confetti_ball:
Does rehab give you aftercare when you are out of rehab? Ore do you have to do it yourself?
Just wondering, here where I live you have mentoring after being discharged. I think it’s helpful if you see people in real life as well when being sober on your own in real life.

During rehab we had 6 hours of lessons a day out of this big white book. We didn’t get to all of the lessons but I was able to bring it home and I will be reviewing several of the lessons a day. I went to my first AA meeting last night and I’m going again tonight. I’m going to do my best to do 90 in 90. I also have the phone numbers of the people I was in rehab with who live around me. We are planning on seeing each other at meetings and hanging out when they get out.

4 Likes

That sound like a good foundation to built on :facepunch:
There is an active daily check in tread as well here on the forum. I will tagg you in it so you can look around there as well. Maybe you like to be a part of it, feel welcome!

1 Like