Friday Thread #2

Friday folks! What are your plans?

Here it’s already late afternoon. I fell asleep again in the morning and slept in loooong. I started packing for tomorrow. I groomed the cats. They shed. I went to therapy. To be honest I’m done for today, at least for now, maybe some chores later. Resting & reading on the couch, early to bed is the plan. Tomorrow I have to drive 3 h to my fasten resort and I hate driving this long. But I love my annually vacation there so I have to :blush:

9 Likes

I work the weekend so all my fun gets packed into today. Breakfast with my sister, maybe a bookstore visit, doing my taxes, writing a letter to a penpal (I’m a 43 year old woman but I sound 80 :crazy_face:), making panna cotta from scratch for a co-worker and then seeing Women Talking in the the theater with a friend.

Shall I compare thee to a hungover day? I’d be laying in bed, missing my weekend completely. Sober day off vibes are the best. Stay sober my super friends, now a coffee to kick start the day.

9 Likes

Today started with some chores and I got my laundry done including linens (holy moly and I glad my husband does his own laundry!!!) changed the bedsheets, made breakfast, washed dishes and am about to walk the dog before I run some errands. Then relax! Before I cook some dinner. I’m grateful it isn’t even noon yet! @TrustyBird i hear you on the gratitude for hangover free days!

7 Likes

I posted it in the coffee mug thread today too. Waking up sober will never, ever get old. Happy day to you Miss Rosa!

12 Likes

Love the coffee mug!

3 Likes

Love it! Happy day to you, too, chica!

2 Likes

Sounds like a good but full day. Glad you got good rest! I napped so much yesterday and it felt great. Nature shows in the background, my favorite!

Hope you enjoy your vacation!

2 Likes

My wife was having a hard time at work lately and needed to recharge her happy battery, so we jumped on a plane yesterday and came to the happiest place on earth.

17 Likes

So here I go nearly 6 days and first time in a while sober on a Friday, I plan gym in the morning and baking with kids in the evening :muscle::muscle::muscle:

9 Likes

Love that place!!! Enjoy!!!

1 Like

Working the weekend. No problem. Extra pay. And I can sleep in because I do late shifts. That is if I actually can sleep in… Here’s hoping. Have a good weekend all!

11 Likes

Relaxing with Minnie and a Nojito after cleaning house all day. Well most of the day.

I never drank Mojitos. But this Spindrift new flavor Nojito is pretty darn good.
Good thing too. I bought a case.
Happy sober Super Bowl Weekend everybody.
Go Eagles :eagle:
:pray::heart:

14 Likes

So glad I went out at 10 pm last night to shovel the end of the drive after the plow finally came through our street! Our neighbors have had a heck of a time getting it done after some melt and freeze and I just helped my elderly neighbor with his. Uf! So glad I have learned proper ways to move and lift with my legs and my back is all good today! I thought I tweaked my wrist (the weak one I have a cyst removed from) but it’s fine today, too.

Getting ready to cook some fajitas woooo!

10 Likes

Woooo buddies im so happy its friday!

Im greatful @Hotic is keeping me humble and liked my first friday post may 2022. Whoa buddy its been a fullfilling ride and such a change in mindset in 9 months.

Busy and productive day at work
Proper level of socializing at work
Got home and the sun was still up!
Took Boscoe for a 30min walk.
Now checking in on my favorite app…this place…this place is my favorite app.

Debating going to the grocery store now or in the am…

12 Likes

Can we talk about the simple pleasures of sobriety?!

I went to the grocery store at 9pm on a friday. Sober. Saw maybe 5 people. In and out with a full cart in under 30 minutes. I could never do that shit sober!

9 Likes

Turns out I did f*ck up my lower back, damnit. Just took a day to show up. I’ve relied on my heating pad and ice pack and my fella has really stepped up and put the ice cream in the freezer :rofl:

8 Likes

Oh nooo @RosaCanDo rest up!

1 Like

It was a super busy week. I watched the Celtics and put a few records on for my Friday night.

Almost 2 years into living in the desert, and it still kicks the shit out of the winters I dealt with for 32 years. Love being able to have the windows and balcony doors open, especially late in the day.

And 110° in the summer (that’s 43° for my celsius-using friends) still doesn’t bother me! :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Has it been almost 2 years already!? That’s crazy, it seems like just yesterday you were posting about the move and job stuff. I’m glad you have settled in and are enjoying it! It looks amazing from all the pictures you share.

3 Likes

@Yoda-Stevie

8 Likes