Friday Thread #2

3oeSAz6FqXCKuNFX6o

6 Likes

Good luck! I’m sure you will be great!

5 Likes

Happy Friday. I’m at my IOP today. I don’t really want to be here today, but it’s better to be here than sitting at home depressed. This program is going on way longer than I initially thought it would. I wanted a quick fix. But it’s slowly helping. I think I’ll watch Wakanda Forever when I get home since it’s now streaming on Disney+. It’ll be a quiet evening at home.

8 Likes

I’m packing for a weekend trip with my friends. It’s cold here so I’m packing cozy clothes, good snacks, plenty of NA drinks, games and a knitting project that I haven’t touched in 10 years. We will probably spend the two days talking non-stop and figuring out our lives. The ONLY thing that could ruin this weekend would be me drinking. Which is why I will step away with you guys in hand if I need support. I’ve been on plenty of these things drunk, I know how those go. I’ll make this trip with my sobriety intact. Happy weekend all!!

Edit because as soon as I pushed send I panicked and thought I would cave. I need more packing to build myself up:

1. Cozy slippers
  2. The absolute certainty that alcohol is not good for me
  3. Hot tea and hot chocolate
  4. 50 weeks of sobriety and all I have learned in that time
  5. Peel off home facial masks
  6. This healthy new body that likes not aching in the morning and enjoys 5 minute planks. I can do hard things.
  7. Gloves

Please don’t think I am questioning my continued sobriety with this trip or my post. I just realized I packed a little light. In @Rockstar24777’s stead “I love you guys”.

9 Likes

This is my 227th consecutive sober Friday!

I’ve got a few things to do at work then a bunch of choring around the house to get ready for Music Night II, which is happening tomorrow.

First things first, coffee!

9 Likes

Wish you all the best :pray::sunflower::people_hugging:

3 Likes

Good luck! I was recently informed that our performace pay increase is determined by how well we do on a test that we will take, the topic of the test? All about our customer service mission. eye roll

3 Likes

Glowing performance review :sparkles::yellow_heart::sparkling_heart::clap:

I love my boss. I love my job. Took off work early because i wrapped up all my to dos. Got to spend an hour with the hubby before he went off to work.

Now what to do?..tacos for sure

8 Likes

Wrapping up my birthday week with a cozy Friday night in (it’s so dang cold today! It feels like -3 F right now) and I’ve got a fridge full of leftovers so no need to cook. Probably watch a movie. My fella will be home from work any minute and we’ll figure out our evening plans. I’m looking forward to sushi take out tomorrow night to round out the festivities. It’s been a week of good home cooking and other than waking up with a bad headache today due to the major shift in weather I’ve been feeling good. Got lots of love from friends and family and TS amigos so I’m feeling on cloud 9 honestly. Grateful for the love. Hope everyone has a good Friday and weekend. :heartpulse:

10 Likes

Home from work after midnight so my Friday is gone. But I got the whole weekend off ahead of me, and Monday as well. Yay! Let’s try to sleep in first. Will come up with stuff to do for sure. Have a good weekend all. Sober and clean. X

10 Likes

So at work, I wrapped up my deliverables and sent them by 1 PM. At 3:30, my boss said, hey… i got it, but I wanted XYZ instead. :man_facepalming:

I literally followed his original request, but apparently, in his mind, he requested something totally different. FML. Man, I should have known. He has a tendency for being vague in his requests then when you deliver it’s not what he wanted. Next time I’ll ask to be very specific. I feel I wasted 2 days of work on this project. Ugh.

So much for an early evening off.

7 Likes

Thats bullshit. I had that lesson this week as well. What is the question or concern exactly my numbers need to paint a picture of

2 Likes

That’s awful. Been there, too. Gotta get it in writing and ask lots of questions to clarify, then you’ve got some insurance when he switches it up on you. Hope you can get it wrapped up asap.

2 Likes

Data tells a story, but sometimes it’s not a story people want to hear.

This is our guest count pre and post covid. Blue is US and orange is Canada. There’s no sugar coating it, we’re down and no amount of marketing can get us back to where we were. But, of course, that’s not the story my boss, the director of marketing wants to tell.

6 Likes

Oh i know that argument oh so well. “Were doing better than that your numbers must be wrong” stfu these are facts

3 Likes

For sure! Im gonna develop a check list!, require itnfor every request! :rofl:

2 Likes

I like the cut of your jib!

1 Like

“Which foot are we doing today? Ahh… Now, is that my left or your left?”

I am a fan of the checklist, but I am not consistent. I have my daily check before I leave the house: wallet, keys, phone, badge. I say them out loud as I touch them as if I’m doing the Macarena. I bail on checklists at work when things get busy, which is often unfortunately.

For the kids on TS, the Macarena was a dance made popular by the song of the same name in the mid 90’s. The dance is now often done at weddings as a throwback. It is widely considered to be GenX’s Electric Slide.

The Electric Slide was an 18 step dance created in the mid 70’s. … I’ve digressed.

6 Likes

9 Likes

F2C6B222-31D2-4544-AB84-C4105558BAA2

8 Likes