Friday Thread #2

I’m in Iowa, my parents live in Western KY (I was there visiting recently). They also hate the middle of the night storms. It’s usually hits us earlier in the evening/night here.

6 Likes

I hope the storms aren’t as bad as they say! Be safe!

4 Likes

You too, Karen!

2 Likes

Early this morning I had a good, robust workout in Physical Therapy, trying to get strong again so I can go back to work. Afterward I stopped off at Noah’s Bagels and rewarded myself with a lox and cream cheese bagel and the biggest cup of coffee they have. As I enjoyed my breakfast I did some journaling. This afternoon I’m running errands for my elderly mother at home. Later tonight? Not sure yet, but maybe a little date night out with my Mrs. :heart:

6 Likes

What’s up gang?

I did some major adulting today! Took care of 5 lingering issues that has been stressing me out.

Feeling good about that. But now I’m relaxing in the ER on account of chest pains. I’m sure its nothing major, just getting checked out just in case.

Im sure I’m fine.

13 Likes

That does not sound like fun. Or relaxing. I hope everything is ok. Hopefully it’s just some severe indigestion. Keep us posted. I hope you got some tunes or something to listen to.
:pray:t2::heart:

6 Likes

Dang, I hope you’re OK.

4 Likes

Aw man, I’m sorry you’re feeling bad. Chest pains are scary. Hope you get some answers.

4 Likes

Storms are all past us. It was pretty scary. Now just waiting to hear how things go with my family.

5 Likes

I am glad that you went in. It should never be blown off and I’m just very glad that you’re there. I hope they find out it’s a pulled muscle or something, or whatever they find out that they’re able to take care of it quickly or soon, and you will be OK, you get a big hug from me for being a real man and going into the ER. :hugs::kissing_heart::heart:
For the record chest pain should always be treated as something to do with the heart until proven otherwise.
In women’s case, shortness of breath should always be checked out And determined that it’s not coming from the heart. If a woman all of a sudden is short of breath doing something that she’s used to doing and not being short of breath she should get checked out in the ER.
@RosaCanDo Glad your storms have passed and I hope that your family is OK.

5 Likes

Update: I just got released, they did a bunch of tests and no issues with my heart, they said there are other issues it could be, but not life threatening.

Im glad I got it checked out though, I am at that age where the consequences of my earlier choices start to catch up to you.

Thanks for the love yous! @Dazercat @RosaCanDo @WilliamBloke @Alisa

15 Likes

Good you got checked out. Nothing like a Friday night ‘check up’ out of the blue. If something changes and you do get short of breath or you do start feeling really lousy do not hesitate to go back. :hugs::kissing_heart:

3 Likes

I’m glad to hear you are ok, at least your heart is ok :people_hugging:

2 Likes

Sounds like good news for tonight. Glad you’re out. Hopefully at home now. Thanks for the update.
:pray:t2::heart:

4 Likes

Storms finally passed through here. Not too bad right where I am, but tornado warnings in the next county. I’m seeing scary reports from other states. Tornadoes seem to be getting worse and more frequent.

4 Likes

I should have known this!! Thanks for the information.

2 Likes

It was a scary evening for sure! And I agree about things seeming to be worsening with severe weather.

2 Likes

A classic example is, a woman is used to carrying her briefcase up the stairs, or carrying her child or a big load of laundry up the stairs, or pushing a heavy grocery cart in the grocery store without problem and then begins to be short of breath
( breathless) doing what she was used to doing without being short of breath.
It should never be written off as “being out of shape”.
Women are less likely than men to have chest pain with heart problems. Oftentimes just vague shortness of breath.

2 Likes

@Alisa … again, thanks. I am in good shape for my age. But now, I am attributing things to my age (63 later this month). So, being aware of this is important!

2 Likes

@HoofHearted … are there follow up tests or things you can do so your Friday night isn’t hosed again? ER on any night is a drag. Glad you are OK!

3 Likes