Friday Thread #2

Nothing better to make you feel good than beating a sick kid down in Monopoly! I like your style!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Throw in a game of LIFE and you will cover the whole day!

Enjoy a lazy day, you deserve it. Hope your kid starts feeling better soon!

3 Likes

Preparing to leave the house and check out the charity shops

5 Likes

Gym, then making pizza and playing games with my son while spouse goes to her dance class.

4 Likes

I’ve been keeping a running list of movies to watch that, as a film buff, I feel I should have seen (or just want to see) and haven’t. Last weekend I started trying to get through the list, one movie each weekend.

Last weekend was “Eyes Wide Shut”, which was pretty good. I need to revisit it after thinking about it a bit, there’s a lot to unpack…typical Kubrick, love him.

This weekend I’m thinking “Rollerball”, the original with James Caan. I love me a 70s/80s movie w/ “dystopian future” setting.
No interest in seeing the early 00s remake with Chris Klein and LL Cool J, of all people :joy:

6 Likes

Looking forward to getting through my last groups for the week, and shifting gears for the weekend. Once that’s done… I don’t know, but it’ll involve paying bills, music, and slightly more coffee than is strictly needed :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Rollerball, the original was excellent. James Can. Great actor.
Didn’t bother with the new one myself. Why try to make something like that again. It was great first time. As soon as I saw that it had LL cool whatever, it put me off anyway.

2 Likes

Picking my kindergartener up from school, then taking him and my four year old up to my Mama’s for the weekend. Hopefully starting to make some amends that I just recently realized I need to do. (Amazing what happens when you work through a resentment with another drunk…)

Also have a head cold that is trying to kill me. Whine, whine, whine…

Happy Friday, y’all!

8 Likes

When I was a dispatcher and the ambulance was going through our system to be connected to the hospitals en route with an individual, when they rattled off the symptoms and such, they’d put in “he’s etoh” meaning he was drunk and they (the drunk) wouldn’t know that we were just informed, lol

2 Likes

INSERT ALL THE CURSE WORDS

EXHALE

Stated differently for my robot moderator overlords who require that there be a complete sentence, one could say that Goat has his jimmies rustled.

5 Likes

I watched a few episodes…kind of liked it…but it moved a little to slowly for me.

1 Like

one could say that Goat has his jimmies rustled.

I am quite certain your jimmies are haute couture, even if they are temporarily rustled…

3 Likes

A fishbone fairisle sweater, flannel shirt, and 10 inch work boots. Nothing high cotton about that.

3 Likes

Ummm…I suspect that denoting “fishbone fairisle sweater” puts you in the lofty textiles…:wink:

5 Likes

Time to head into the mountains and hope the road conditions don’t kill me.

Have an awesome weekend, everybody! :kissing_heart:

7 Likes

Worked later than I wanted to today but ended the day with take out Chinese and watching last night’s episode of Project Runway. Have to go back to work tomorrow :pensive: so I’ll be going to bed early. And I’m totally sober. Enjoying some hot tea while I chill on the couch.

5 Likes

What’re the conditions?

1 Like

Stay safe and pack appropriately. Also I heard a bunch of people are getting sick in Yosemite and I think that is where you are heading? So…stay safe from germs too!

1 Like

Checking in
Bad week - glad you all are here :+1:
Love ya

5 Likes

I had a thought talking with someone a few weeks ago. We have Caturday, but how come nobody has said anything to me about Bunday following that? :rabbit:

3 Likes

Preference of the two?