Friday Thread #2

Just left my family after my niece’s 3rd mini early birthday party (actual bday is Sept 1) and headed to our hotel room before taking off for home tomorrow. Long drive ahead! Early night. It was so worth it to spend time with them. Little miss sassy toddler is so much fun :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Had the day off with my little guy. Took him to a kiddy amusement/fun park. He had fun on the rides. Then out to lunch Now he’s in bed and I’m lounging in bed watching Stranger Things (season 3)

6 Likes

Sounds like you had a nice Friday evening!

I’d never even heard of yogibo before! Everything on their website looks fantastically comfortable. Definitely more than my IKEA chair. :laughing:

1 Like

Happy Friday! I’m rocking out to some throwback music, No Doubt Tragic Kingdom (hello 8th grade!) and prepping some slaw for a get together tomorrow. Also grilling some chicken and tuna steaks, zucchini and mushrooms for dinner. A lovely evening with my fella. Hoping the weather holds off, the clouds look ominous.

7 Likes

Woot woot friday thread is revived! Happy sober friday ya’ll! Hubbys working tonight and i get a little uneasy on friday nights so im hitting an AA mtg later

7 Likes

Happy sober Friday to you, chica!!! Thanks for joining me!

2 Likes

Waiting for hubby to come in from his workshop/man cave so we can watch Stranger Things. S4 E2. Eek!
Little guy’s in bed but of course not asleep yet.
Had the aft off and he skipped camp; took him to Boston Pizza for a mum & son date (and free kids meal) :money_mouth_face:

4 Likes

We’ve been watching Sandman on Netflix and we are both Neil Gaiman fans, so happy to report it is sooooo good.

4 Likes

Several years ago, it was xmas. My wife, my 3 kids and I were on our way home to Seattle from L.A. when our flight was delayed due to weather in S.F. where our connecting flight was.

We ended up missing our connecting flight (along with 30+ other people) and there was only one other flight to Seattle that night with 7 seats available.

Through pure pluck, moxy and grit, we managed to get 5 of the 7 seats. However, not all together. There was a group of 3 together and a group of 2 together. My wife asked which I would rather have, I opted for the 2 pack in the last row, making the sacrifice. She failed to mention the 3 pack was in first class!!!

We ended up making it home at 2AM the morning after Xmas. We missed the family dinner but we managed to make it home as soon as possible. We ended up opening presents at 2 in the morning and went to bed shortly after.

I tell you this story because I wrote a song about this experience and I am (trying) to finish the recording of it tonight. That’s what I am doing this Friday.

EDIT: And it’s done: You can listen to it here: Music by HoofHearted - #164 by HoofHearted For reals you can!

7 Likes

Stuck working this Friday evening :yawning_face:

4 Likes

I took the day off from work and I ended up working on the house today!:fearful: I just finished up for the night. Not all drywalled yet but close. Nothing but me on a couch watching tv for the rest of the night

5 Likes

Sounds delicious! Haven’t listened to that album in forever. Maybe my CD player should get some use tonight. :laughing:

1 Like

Im so fuckin greatful for AA. Hit a new friday night meeting and it helped. Lots of laughs and fellowship. Im back at home cuddling with Boscoe and soberly waiting for my hubby to get home

6 Likes

@Cjp Glad to hear your meeting helped a lot!
@Petr Nice work there! You definitely deserve some couch time!

Been moving back and forth between being legitimately productive, catching up on my own stuff, and a little bit of just hanging out. Might do a little online shopping and rock out another half-hour or so on Duolingo. Also might do some sky gazing later if the clouds clear out. There’s a great view of Saturn, Jupiter, and Mars past 1am right now.

Over all a pretty good Friday night.

5 Likes

Me too. 10 hours of overtime this week already and I am happily couched in front of the TV. My sober head will hit the pillow soon and enjoy a sober Saturday off tomorrow.

4 Likes

Yay! I love songs with a real life story behind them. I’ll check it out later!

2 Likes

Almost 4PM and I’m headed to work on this Friday. Gonna be a late one.

3 Likes

What about ever else? What’s up this Friday?

2 Likes

I’m having a delicious frozen pizza (well, it’s baked now :sweat_smile:) on the deck with my fella and my pup. It’s a gorgeous late summer evening with a cool breeze. Spending time with him before he drives to Michigan in the morning for his grandma’s celebration of life. We are telling stories about her. She was quite the lady, loved her!

3 Likes

Quiet night here (as usual). Kiddo finally in bed. I’m still nursing a cold. Annoyed & frustrated beyond words with my hubby and his constant lateness, lack of respect and empty promises. But I digress :sweat_smile: long story. Repeating story.
Sooner or later he’ll be in and we’ll watch Stranger Things in bed while he burps his beer next to me.
Tomorrow I’ll take little man to library and maybe the market.

4 Likes