Fridays are always the worst for my cocaine cravings

My significant other is kinda pissed at me for being late for our date today and left early. It’s making me kinda stressed out and when I’m stressed out I start really craving cocaine because I’m only a week or two sober. I’m fighting such intense urges to just unblock a dealer and buy a bag and forget about this, but I literally cannot because I have to help my dad financially…

Fridays are always the worst day for my cravings because I am bored on top of the stress I feel right now and I got paid today… Just venting but yeah. Shit sucks.

5 Likes

Thank you @Gala for the advice, I made sure to delete the guy and keep him blocked. I successfully resisted the cravings by going to bed early and keeping myself distracted and playing the tape forward. You’re right it helped a lot, and today I woke up early feeling much better than if I were to use yesterday! I just gotta get through the rest of the weekend, as usually during the work week I am much less likely to relapse since I’m busy with work. Thank you so much for the kind words and for replying to my post, I really appreciate everyone here and that this forum exists :slight_smile:

Today my plan to stay sober is basically to not go out partying, stay home and distract myself by doing work stuff, gaming, working out, go to a SMART Recovery meeting, etc. I think I’m finally on my way to achieving long-term sobriety from that drug :smiley:

4 Likes

Hello there!

Long story short, i was a fun of stimulants and cocaine was my back-up, what i liked at the time was crystal meth.

Anyhow, i had to give up lots of friendships and places I used to go to in order to get sober and the reason for that is that you need people who actively support you in your decision. They do not just say i agree but they actually say to you oh how are you dealing with x thing? Idk if I make sense.

I think you could try and see if you can do anything in the weekends that doesn’t seem to be connected to your addiction up until the point where you feel secure in your sobriety.

Take care

1 Like

I suppose it’s kinda a blessing in disguise that you have to help someone financially for the time being then right? Good luck and be strong

1 Like