Friendship/consult

I need a sponsor . Online is OK. I don’t know anyone at my meetings- I just started. I’m a meth addict and most clean time I earned was 18months. I’ve worked the steps before and I’m trying to balance out my recovery behaviors.

2 Likes
4 Likes

What are you talking about? You didn’t read my post very well…

I won’t speak for Lisa. It does cover in the FAQ though, that for the sponsor part that’s a 12-step program thing. (This isn’t a 12-step site, though there’s a bunch of us here.)

If you’re looking for a sponsor, have you tried an NA meeting? Surely they can help you out. Intherooms.com may do online sponsorship.

Did you have one when you went through the steps?

4 Likes

You don’t have to be rude to Lisa. Also ask someone at your meetings to be your sponsor, you don’t have to know them. Just ask around in the meeting. I’m sure you’ll find one. Best of luck.

1 Like

Community apology, and thanks

1 Like

Yes I had sponsor in my prior recovery - it’s just that I’m not familiar with the women in my meeting room…I hate having to befriend someone and try and work out any kinks, do we get along - part of me is dreading the seeking process. Thanks…:+1:t4:

1 Like

Eh, you don’t really have to befriend anyone. My experience/observation is that might be something that happens as people work with a sponsor. No means a requirement so long as they know and work the steps.

If they have what you want, no harm asking. My first sponsor randomly grabbed me at a meeting. When they moved away, my next one I just put my name in a sponsorship box for. Was someone I really respected and they’re still my sponsor today. Was a faith exercise at first, accepting the advice of a stranger. (Usually… :joy:) But got results! And quickly they became someone I trust.

Course there are different schools of thought and I’m an AA, not NA. Wish you luck, whatever comes!

3 Likes

If you really want a sponsor ask at your meeting or try another one ,and youve worked the steps before ? effort and desire wish you well

1 Like

My sponsor told me “A big part of recovery is doing stuff we don’t want to do.” Also the only suggestion you have to pay for is the one you don’t take. I take these feelings of “Ugh! I have to start over” and add it to the reel. Its part of the tape I play when I think about picking up.

2 Likes