From Spending $28 a day to 11 days sober

I have rounded it to around $9000 annually.
$28 for 5lbs A DAY if poppy seeds was my drug of choice.
Sounds silly right? Wrong. Such a wide range of alkaloids from codeine to morphine and many others plus a 2 day half life. Has made me severely addicted for 3 years. My teeth are RUINED. Im 23 and have had to get 2 removed and 4 root canals JUST because of this acidic tea from hell.
Im quitting to better myself. Im tired if being broke, tired of chasing a high and spending so much money on something I no longer feel. Im ashamed. Most people couldve gotten “real drugs” for cheaper but it was readily available, no sheisty deals, no illegality.
I thought I outsmarted everyone, yet I realize now how dumb everything was.
I used kratom to get me thru the worst of the seed withdrawls which is comparable to methadone withdrawls, stronger then heroin withdrawls. Now day 11 Im existing mainly on loperamide and ice cream and feel maybe a little hope. I know its not technically clean because I.used things to help me. But it is 11 days sober from my doc. 11 days sober from being high and that is what matters to me.

11 Likes

thanks for sharing. Your doing what you have to do to stay off your doc, and thats all that matters. Great job so far :smiley:

Great story, i can feel determination oozing. Keep it up!

@Victoriaa thanks for sharing and welcome here​:pray::four_leaf_clover::+1::raising_hand_woman::rose:

The great news is that you are here now & you have a sea of support. You are so young & have the awesome opportunity to have a long, bright & beautiful future from this point forward. Thank you for sharing! Keep it up!