Frustrated Beyone

Back again, can’t seem to get myself sober even after a 9 month stint where I felt so amazing and loved living a sober life.

Back in the hell of addiction to alcohol.

I’m just so angry at myself for having that ‘one drink’ that sure enough led me back to here.

Frustrated that I can’t get myself back to living alcohol free. I’ve tried several times this past year and it just won’t stick. I even told my dad before he passed I would stop drinking, thinking that would help me. But it hasn’t. I feel like such a damn failure.

Restarting my clock today, I really want this. I don’t want it to get out of control again and reach my lowest point, I’m afraid it will be even worse than the first time.

Sorry for venting, this is a familiar post I’ve made before, a couple times now. Jesus freaking Christ I am just over this cycle.

About to devel in my recovery books but was wondering if anyone knows of any good podcasts that have helped? TED Talks? Any other useful tools that have helped you when you felt helpless?

1 Like

Meetings always helped me. Here is a link to a thread with a bunch of meeting resources listed.

6 Likes

Hi. Sorry for your frustration. I enjoy Recovery Elevator podcasts. Just search TED and YouTube for “alcoholism” and there is an abundance. I read a ton too, and I know there is a book thread on here that may be useful.

2 Likes

No pods round when i got sober just meetings wish you well