Frustrated

Good Morning, today is day 45. I am so proud of myself, I have never put together any time sober in the past 5 years. I am experiencing so many feelings, good and bad. I met my husband while I was drinking, now that I am sober I am seeing things about him I do not like. He is use to me being drunk and him running the show, he is having a hard time with me having a voice. Is anyone else experiencing this? Advice welcomed.

2 Likes

I have a similar problem but not with my husband…but with my drinking buddies I had they irritate me and they are not so funny anymore…and they keep repeating the same thing over and over again …I guess thats the down side of being sober…you just dont decide I am sober from now on…things change …I will have to make new sober friends (and boy oh boy there is alot)…my social skills are up to…i understand you are not the woman your husband married but thats why the vows say for better or for worse, in SICKNESS and HEALTH…but I am sure if you and your husband really love each other you will be able to work thru this…just communicate with each other and tell him whats bothering you…:wink:

3 Likes

I also had some friends that were my drinking friends, that I have found out they aren’t my REAL friends today. Sad because I have been friends with some for 20+ years.

As for my husband, I am hanging in there. I did take a vow but it is a struggle. :pensive:

2 Likes

@Sobertoday2016 keep your head up and believe that you are worth your journey. If they don’t want to support you then they never loved you … we are here for you beautiful!!

2 Likes

I agree if he doesnt love you for who you are then he doesnt really love you

3 Likes

Ask your self what do you want and what do you need to stay sober . Your are the most important person in your life. Truly you are . If he dont respect your sobrierty and not support you u might be better of without him . Have you discussed With him about him quittting? Stay strong and be truthfull to your self

2 Likes

I made it a week sober and it wasn’t that hard for me. I felt really good but I’m going through a divorce and feel pain sometimes. I binge drank on Saturday night instead of crying out my pain. I really desire for my heart to be healed from my pain and not use alcohol to numb my pain. Is anyone else in the same situation?